B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why are full episodes from 1995 -1999 so hard to find? Was something happening during that time?

It's the same way for Y&R. I feel like finding full episodes from those years is incredibly difficult (I feel like I have been looking for the episodes where Veronica/Sarah shot Nikki for YEARS)

Edited by Vizion

• Members

So I'm watching the 1989 episodes, and I have to admit being confused with the Bill/Margo marriage.  It seems like Bell reworked the story to insert Bill into the story since it doesn't make sense.  I think Storm/margo were supposed to have that marriage... with Storm into her with margo will in love with Clarke.  And I have a feeling Mick was supposed to be more sleazy hence the early episodes with Kristen seemingly not into men and being frigid.  

• Members

Not sure whether Bill Bell had any actual plan for Margo/Storm or if he always wanted Mick Savage to enter the scene for Kristen. Margo's love life from 1989-1990 is sure a mixed bag and even in re-watching not everything is adding up perfectly. I feel really sorry for Bill who is definitely one of the many male characters on this show to never get enough storyline material that he deserved. He is mostly a prop to Margo and sounding board to Caroline. What a shame: they shoudl done more with BIll&Stephanie...

If anyone is interested: this is the wedding chapel in #609 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayfarers_Chapel

• Members

@sheilaforever i so agree with you! Bill never had a normal - interesting story. First was with Margo (they seemed like a couple being together for a along time, meaning very boring story!), then i think things were getting  a bit interesting with Donna. It seemed that he had a crush on her. Then suddenly he is so in love with Margo again so he wants to marry her! I always thought Stephanie-Bill had a great chemistry - mature people with sense of humor between their lines, it seemed that he had a fling for her. Bell should have tried it. Was a bit of a surprise for me when Bill jr. watched the video with Bill sr.'s will and he called Stepanie the love of his life. 

My favourite scene between them was when Stephanie returned from being on the street and Bill kissed her telling her he is her lover! Made my day! 

Btw the Bill - Darla story was a nice one whatch. And then Bill disappeared!

Edited by Marquise

• Members

What a sudden and abrupt recast! Clayton Norcross was seen in #618 and the story of Rige's shooting was on the brink of being revisited and hitting its climax. It's like the worst possible moment to recast...

Speaking of botched up last-minute-changes: #616 was all over the place. Not just by continuity standards: it was already EVENING/NIGHT for several episodes and suddenly it is bright DAYLIGHT and Sally (yet another fabulous apparance of Darlene CoOnley BTW!) & crew visit the QUEEN MARY. Problem: it is still the same night as Brooke&Thorne continue their conversation from #615. Thorne then goes to a bar in the middle of the day (??? it still seems to be at night ???) to have his first encounter with Macy while Stephanie and Ridge chat by the Forrester swimming pool in bright daylight. Also: suddenly a mysterious woman is seen for the first time as a dictor takes off the bandages of his patient which probably would not be done at 11 pm. It's like they have hastily thrown in the beginning of the Angela story as a last minute rewrite as well.

• Members

I guess this is my time to start watching these episodes again as It will answer a lot of questions about the rest of this Angela story....

Y&R under Bill Bell did seem to have those weird time jump problems too, but I would think that was something BB never really adjusted to with the hour format. I figured B&B is easier to just wipe certain times and days clean within the next couple of episodes. 

• Members

I don't think the show did a good job recasting Thorne... it was quite jarring going from someone both tormented and possessive.. to someone so wimpy.  Though I sensed chemistry between Thorne #1 and Macy in their first meet up, it seemed he was looking at her in the same way he first looked at Caroline in their first meeting.

Not only did Thorne seem to change with the recast from episode 618 to 619/620... but I noticed Macy changed from being resentful of her mother to being her cheerleader.   I admit I liked the edgier Macy, and am dreading the continual softening of the character as she and Thorne start their courtship/relationship (including the whole singing angle).