B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The video quality in the Austrlian upload was slighjtly crispier, but this is the complete episode as we were missing roughly 2-3 minutes. 

That said: I uploaded #1995 to the Vault - also from the Australian YouTube upload from a few months (?) back.

These videos are now added to the Vault.

Thorne & Caroline: #171 (probably: December 4, 1987)

Clarke & Kristen: # 314 (June 29, 1988)

• Members

One thing we can be sure about: this is episode #1153.

I have the airdate as October 29, 1991, though. I did not check on the news report bits - it's based my episodedatabase list where fall 1991 seemed to be fully correct. Now I'm confuses again.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Thanks, I'll update the episode #.

My rationale is that although the person on archive labelled this as 10/31/1991, I know @YRfan23 has Y&R from this date on their playlists as 10/30, so I dug around the news clips, at 3:24 here https://archive.org/details/soapoperaswhdhboston19911031perfectstorm they give an update after Guding Light: this was opening day of the Middle East Peace conference in Madrid. Wikipedia confirms the conference started on 10/30: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrid_Conference_of_1991 

Found another one (really had to dig to find these cause they are just labelled "soap opera" and I usually just search the names of the shows; but I guess a lot of these people are just uploading random VHS and don't know or care which show it is): https://archive.org/details/whdhraw

First hour is a GL from March, then an hour in it switches to half a Y&R episode followed by the rest of the CBS lineup (B&B from 1:30 - 2). at :3:58 they mention a movie starting Friday, February 9, 1990 so the episode must be from earlier in the week.

• Members

Actually, it's there in 2000 further up the list previously uploaded as 2000-1-26 ... all good!!! thanks again

It gets sadder and sadder and sadder!!!  Heartbreaking. On reflection, she had a very short illness from diagnosis to the end...probably better that way, from a viewer's point of view. It was a tough watch as it was, imagine if it had been dragged out.  I balled at the time, and I still get teary now all these years later just thinking about it.