B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

HD is fully supported on Videoland (both the app and web browser). HD playback however is dependent on your browser and internet speed. Additionally, the title itself will dictate SD or HD. Videoland have always up-scaled Bold into HD, unless they made a very recent change.

• Members

Well, as long as the person who’s uploading the show from Videoland can get episode 1985 uploaded to the vault in HD and without subtitles when it appears, I’m satisfied LOL. 

ETA: has the person been uploading in HD?? it seems like 1993-1994 hasn’t been in high quality. Just wondering. Not complaining, just asking.

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

I was mainly talking about the quality of the uploads to the Vault. They weren’t a script and clear for ‘93 and ‘94 as they were for ‘92. I  didn’t know why some were clear and crisp and some weren’t. Like some will be a 450mb file and others will be 150mb files. On YouTube, they definitely have been uploading low quality episodes since they started season 10. I wondered what the reason was. Are we trying to save space for the Vault so we don’t go over the limit?

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

The current angel screen records. A previous angel did a backend rip which extracted the upscaled 1080p file. The quality is still good nonetheless and we appreciate all angels (and their time)

Please register in order to view this content

YouTube quality is rubbish, which I believe they are doing deliberately. I suspect they don’t want high quality episodes in circulation, for free. 

Edited by boldau

• Members

The whole youtube channel is absolute mess. But thank God that BB is the only Big soap opera we now have the first 2000 episodes of. This is amazing. In a year or two we will have 2000 more and then the whole show will be complete available to watch. It's just a matter of 2 years. 

• Members

Ahhh, I gotcha. Yeah I wasn’t trying to come across as if I was complaining, I was just wondering what the change was haha. I definitely appreciate what the angels are doing!

And yeah, I’d hoped they’d keep doing the 720p on YouTube or maybe even do 1080p, but you’re probably right about them not wanting such high quality episodes in circulation.

Yeah, the YouTube uploads are definitely a cluster lol. It’ll be great when the whole series is available, but then what else will we ask for?? LOL