AMC: Another big return coming?

• Members

Even though Vanessa is relatively young in AMC history, in the abfab hands of Marj Dusay, she packs the charisma, elan, and nostalgic tug of Peg English/Cobra, Enid, Marian, Mary, Goldie Kane, Charlotte Devane, and even some Phoebe thrown in for good measure. She is just the kind of villainessa I think we would all enjoy seeing behind this whole thing.

Eta: I wonder if Marj has settled back in Cali with her daughter and grandkid. Anyone know?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^We don't even have to see Vanessa until the very end of the arc, all they need is a cameo/day or two with MD and the whole thing could come to one heck of an end. Last MD was asked about AMC she said she'd be willing and wanted to, so if LB and AN want this to be Vanessa...it is literally, all right there. :)

• Members

Yup, I wouldn't even want her to be revealed until he 11h hour, in a dramatic spin around in the desk chair or the slow look up into the camera with a picture hat cocked over one eye.

• Members

What kind of end would he get, though? I don't see PV letting him off easy for helping Jane, for keeping Dixie, or for hiding, Leo, do you? What's redeemable at that point? If there were longer left, I'd be okay with him being the bad guy in one of these, but there's not. You make him the bad guy at this point, and I really don't know how AN/LB are going to fix it. Why would the fans care anymore if he gets a happy ending when he's been standing in the way of so many from getting theirs?

I guess I just feel like enough is enough and that the only way for him to end if he's responsible for one or all of these things, is something totally unfair to VI, the character and his fans.

• Members

^I guess I'm just scared that when it was all said and done, his helping Jane, keeping Dixie hidden, keeping Leo, hidden, whichever or all of them...that AMC would just ship him off to jail or kill him. At this point, if you've written a character into that much a hole do you really want to bother with redemption? Isn't it easier to just cut your loses and move on? Focus on redeemable characters or the ones they've told us we have to love. IE. If it came to giving David, the villain, bad boy who ONCE again just betrayed the town...or Rylee a happy ending, who's gonna win?

I'd rather LB and AN just leave him out of all of this, but it's to late for that now, at least with the Jane stuff; I just hope they give him material that allows for David to be a viable, wanted character on the canvas when the end credits roll.

• Members

^Lol, I have no doubt Rylee will ride off into the soap sunset. The point is more that when a character is as dark and ugly, no matter how many "layers" there might try to be...if at the end of June/July, there's not really any up that he/she can go...why keep that person around? Jail or death frees up money and time for someone else.

It's why I want David being "bad" not being a villain.

• Members

I'm not so sure about Ryan and Greenlee anymore, especially with the new Madison angle and this Leo news. But I wouldn't worry about David, I'm sure he'll be around till the end. He'll have to interact with Leo, of course! If anything, perhaps David was nursing Leo back to health a la Greenlee and Leo is just now coming around. They won't pain him as a bad guy when it comes to Leo. I'm guessing he has something to do with Dixie's disappearance but I don't think he'll be connected to Jane, that was a red herring.

• Members

Okay, that's what I'm saying. Why keep him around til September then? Why waste that time when the character isn't viable? Especially if it's all about returns. Cut the dead weight. At that point, David would be dead weight. Does that not really not make any sense? LOL

He's definitely all up in the Jane storyline. Summer previews even say he figures it out, and then is torn about what to do with the information. Which is why so many people (myself NOT included) are envisioning him using Jane for his own gain and letting Erica basically rot as her hostage. Not a good move for the character if that's how it plays out.

• Members

Oh right, sorry, I meant in Jane's implementation. Hmm, I actually think David will help out Jane. I'm sure he'll evilly stew for a bit as we know they'll drag it out but he'll have a change of heart, especially in light of how quickly this Jane story will have to end. Fans of David and Erica should feel special as David was the one smart enough to figure it out first, LOL.

• Members

Hardly. I wanted him nowhere near this for a lot of reasons, but the thought that he'd leave her there after figuring it out...defeats the purpose of him being the first one to figure it out. IMO, He would no more leave Erica in Jane's clutches than he would drop Dixie in a 2x4 room on a cot, or hide Leo. It's not who the character is.

Now helping Jane after her figures it because he's hatching a plan...that works. But leaving Erica at her mercy because he thinks Jane can do something for him, no thanks.

Archived