Y&R Adam/Diane Spoiler

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, wow. Well, I think we all know that Victor won't be the one going down here, but this should be interesting. I don't agree that this is a Carly/Craig redux by any means. Diane is nothing like Adam, imo. Yeah, she stole some sperm back in the day, but so did Ashley. Other than that, she's never gone to the sort of criminal extremes that Adam has. If there is a character that is really Adam's match, it's Phyllis. I think I'd rather see Diane and Adam be friends the way Michael and Phyllis were when Phyllis was in the process of reforming...sort of.

• Members

The main difference is Carly was an established character with a strong fan base and a popular pairing (Carly/Jack). Sheffer probably wanted to destroy Carly, as he does any female character, but he wasn't able.

Diane is meaningless, so he can do whatever he wants with her.

I can see Adam using Diane for cheap sex and then shunning her, since this is a Sheffer specialty (especially with this character), and perhaps Diane then tries to ruin his relationship with Sharon when Sharon returns from the farm.

• Members

I can see that happening too, which will suck if it happens. It's the last thing Diane needs. It's happened too many times already and this character needs something to stick fast before she is shipped out of town again. I know people think Y&R doesn't want to lose MW, but I'm not as confident. Not when there is a boat load of talent about to be freed up from ABC. We (meaning MW fans) need a pairing to gel for this character and I don't care if it's Satan himself. Adam is wrong for Sharon, but if he happens to work for Diane, I am for it. I'm not saying it will work, but if it does, I am jumping on the train before its too late.

At the very least I am positive that MM will not tank his scenes with MW the way JM did. He's to savvy for that, imo, even if he were that type of entitled ass.

• Members

I think Muhney probably prefers Shadam, but when I think about it, you're right, I don't think he would tank scenes the way Braeden and Morrow do.

I doubt Y&R cares that much about keeping Maura. She's a wonderful and charismatic actress but that means little to the show because it is so schizophrenic and plot-driven. I think the only reason she is there is because they needed some kind of new female character because the dynamics with Sharon, Phyllis, Ashley, and Nikki were so claustrophobic. Once they think enough time has passed to where they can go back to their pets, they will.

They have failed so badly with Eden Reigel and Liz Hendrickson and Stacy Haiduk, but they will keep on and on with the ABC hires because that way for a few more minutes people will ignore any of Y&R's flaws and go back to the "ABC's loss is Y&R's gain" mentality.

Archived