Grimm: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I finally had the chance to see the last episode. My computer and Hulu do not like each other, but I preserved.

I thought that it was another strong episode. The show still has that dark scary visual that I love. The story was well done. Gilda was foolish, but I loved that she got a gun and went to rescue her boyfriend. The father realizing that Nick could see their real appearances. The mother, not the father, as the misguided parent. The Wolf is a wonderful supporting character. His reluctance to help and then taunting Marie was good stuff. I cracked up when he tore the guy's arm out and then said that he "went too far." I was sorry that Marie died, but I liked that she went down fighting to the last. I like that we are shown that Nick and his partner are good friends, always teasing each other, but very supportive of each other. I also like that the partner is not played for the oblivious fool. He does have a role in the helping solve the crime of the week. The boss and the blonde woman are strong mysterious and menacing enemies. The only weak link is the girlfriend. She is not very charismatic. The less she has to do the better.

I fear for Grimm if it remains on Friday though. It is just not a goodnight for a show targeting younger audience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I hope Bill is right. Grimm has not been a huge hit, but given NBC's poor ratings, it is a solid performer. It deserves another season. I was looking forward to a new episode tonight, only to discover that it is the season finale of Chuck instead. Bummer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Yeah, another Grimm fan. I gave up posting here because no one else would. The show seems to be building to a great finale with the mystery of the murder of Nick's parents. Nick's Grimm/Wessen world is starting to collide with his human world which is increasing the tension.

• Members

I'm not super happy because I'm expecting a better lead in to the finale.. 38 minutes won't be sufficient. However, they can make it up to me if Captain plays a huge role :) It's time we found out who he is. Damn the gf! Who gives a chit about her?!

ANDREA

• Members

Really good show, but disappointing as the finale. I didn't spend the enire season wondering about Nick's mommy, a topic not really delved into until 2 eppies prior! I thought we'd get some answers on who the captain is, a character who seemed pretty powerful, yet was treated like a little bitch. Nick's mother should have been introduced last week to provide more insight and help Nick fight the inevitable epic battle. We didn't get that. Instead, the worthless GF got way too much airtime and Hank looks like a nut! Did Nick really think he looked sane explaining things to Juliette? The scene came off as very stupid and juvenile.

The finale didn't make me want to rush to the tv in September, but I will because I know how good the show is. Somehow, everyone got confused on what "finale" means.

ANDREA

• Members

Yeah, I am unhappy with the finale too. I actually liked the scene of NIck telling Juliett, but it would have made more sense if he had told Hank who would more likely believe him. I am becoming more and more convinced that the reason that the writers don't explore the captain is because they have no clue what the story is there. I will watch next season, but it better improve.

Archived