"No, really, they're better than you think!"

• Members

We complain all the time about eye candy, both female and male, stinkin' up the soaps. But are there any so-called "hair models" and/or "himbos" who actually get a bad rap? Name some comely actors and actresses who, in your opinion, don't come up as short in the acting department as others might think.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe, DAYS). I've never thought of her as horrible as some people say! I think she's just as talented as she is insanely beautiful...I've always enjoyed Nadia & Chloe, especially during her earlier years on DAYS. And she's been delivering some of her best work IMO this year and all of last year (especially the last half).

• Members

dt_bb_cast_240_jwood.jpg

She is not a bad actress. She pretty much helped carry B&B for the good part of last year until she was written out to film her movie. There was a point where Steffy was literally in every single story and I thought Woods handled the workload well

3308_1_49876.jpg

she got a few negative comments when she was on Y&R and kept being regarded as a "hair model" but I never found her weak. She's definetly better than who replaced her

gregory_david.jpg

David Gregory. The character of Ford has sucked but he isnt a bad actor.

since when did Mark Lawson and Josh Duhamel get bad raps? Both are regarded as pretty good actors. JD definately was a fan favorite was Leo when he was on the soap.

• Members

He isnt a bad actor. I hope he ends up on another soap when OLTL is done. Id prefer him as a Thomas recast on B&B or maybe like Max or Shawn on Days

I think Ford is ill conceived. He had potential early on but they ruined it when they made him a regular and turned him into a soulless male slut. Now he's treated as a hero with nothing but redeeming qualities and comes across very generic. He would be better portrayed as a grey character who isnt quite good, but not all that bad

Also on OLTL, Josh Kelly as Cutter is doing fine. He gets ragged on bc he looks good but he doesnt suck

• Members

I never have a problem with models. One of the best things about soaps always were that it was a place for young actors to come and screw up as they learned. I know this rubs some the wrong away even to consider soaps in that regard, but there is no better place for a new actor to come and get much needed experience in acting in front of a camera. Considering the soaps do not allow for rehearsal or any sort of in depth character study, it's not like these are vehicles where great acting is to be expected. Even the ones daytime calls great often verge into the tragic (as the Chelsea Lately/Robin Strasser thread illustrated)

Primetime has a few people daytime dismissed as models with no talent: Justin Hartley is fine on Smallville, Justin Bruening is going to play on Wonder Woman, and I am sure there are others.

I would go with Ford also. Eric Martsolf I think owns this category.

Archived