• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OK, so Mr. Corley has a Facebook album entitled “Soap.”

These comments were made 10 years ago, but I found them interesting (I’m sure most of you will recognize the names).

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

This is no mystery, but Megan McTavish was NOT well-liked by most of her colleagues.

On the flip side, Lorraine Broderick is much-loved; the two women seem like polar opposites (but, perhaps, their “oil and water” aspect as co-HWs could’ve somehow worked).

AMC enjoyed healthy ratings for most of McTavish’s first HWing stint (usually always ranking #2 in the weekly ratings - and nearly toppling Y&R for #1 in early ‘93), but I feel it was her team who made most of her ideas work on-screen; she needs good people around her (like Hal Corley, ect.).

The influence of Felicia Behr (having been involved with AMC since 1970, as an associate producer) also invariably helped matters.

AMC’s ratings in the early ‘90s really started to rise in September 1991, when Natalie was rescued from the well (with Janet being exposed in October). Agnes Nixon, Lorraine Broderick and Wisner Washam were at the writing helm at that time; Megan was a breakdown writer (although she is often credited with coming up with the iconic “Natalie In The Well” saga). She wouldn’t become HW until the Spring of 1992, her first major plot being the “Who Killed Will?” murder mystery (which received widespread acclaim in the soap press).

• Members

I remember years ago the late Bettina Bradbury shared some stories on FB about how vicious McTavish could be with the writers, including exploding at a scriptwriter when said writer's baby started crying during a teleconference, and screaming about her decision to adopt a baby. Once the meeting was over, all the other writers stayed on the call to make sure the writer was okay. 

She also fired Bradbury -- a veteran AMC scriptwriter -- because she complained that one of the breakdown writer's (Chip Hayes) breakdowns were lacking in detail/half-assed. McTavish accused her of thinking she was better than everyone else, proceeded to only assign her Chip Hayes breakdowns, and then fired her at the end of her next cycle. 

• Members

Yes, she’s a truly nasty person - sadistic and vindictive.

She probably wrote Janet’s dialogue when she’d visit the well to taunt & torment Natalie. LOL

Wisner Washam LOATHED her, which is why he exited the writing team shortly after she was promoted in ‘92.

• Members

Whomever came up with the storyline, made a major mistake imo. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed that “will”storyline; very fun and interesting. But robbed the show of many more future storylines. Will should have been the resident Cortlandt rascal way until the early 2000s.

Edited by DemetriKane