• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agreed 100%.

I also liked how the seeds of Mark’s cocaine addiction were planted early on (with Erica treating it with casual disdain).... and then him hitting rock bottom in 1987, with Erica staging his intervention.

The “slow burn” of it made it seem more realistic (to an actual, authentic drug addiction), rather than, perhaps, just playing out over a few months to a year.

Btw, given Erica’s eventual addiction to prescription pain killers, I think it would’ve been interesting if they had either Kendall or Bianca suffer some sort of injury and develop the same addiction.

Substance abuse/drug addiction often runs in families.

I think that would’ve been better than all of the rape/baby sh!t the Kane women had to endure.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

Yes. 
And yet the fanbase was so so so angry with the admittedly bleak run of bad things that had happened to her the first five years after her SORASing and the reaction/backlash to any negative plot so epidermic that I don't know it would have been well-received and that producers would have dared going there.

Just like when fans burn characters by refusing to let writers get them out of a supercouple, even temporary, I really feel that the potential of Bianca as a character was hurt by the vicious backlash to the fact she was given a lot of sad heavy storylines.
I get it, mind you, but if I were a writer, I would have been wary of it.

• Members

ITA. Bianca was the perfect choice. I get why some viewer's would be against it, raping Bianca so soon after coming out made it seem as though she was being punished. I view Kendall as the black sheep and since they're usually the strong siblings; i would never give her any addiction.

• Members

Yes, Bianca - witnessing the tumultuous, toxic relationship of her parents (and uncle) at such a young age (and setting her dolls on fire), already suffering an eating disorder and relentless bullying at school - developing a substance abuse addiction would totally fit.

Kendall actually had a comfortable, middle-class upbringing in rural Florida, with her parents, by all accounts, spoiling and doting on her (which might explain her sense of entitlement).

While Bianca grew up privileged, with wealthy, high-profile parents (the apple of both their eyes), the emotional scars ran deep.

I agree about Kendall, too - while the girl obviously had “issues,” she was too determined to get what she deemed as rightfully her’s in life to fall prey to drugs.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I mean come on! This clip always makes me smile. These are the episodes Susan Lucci should have submitted for the Emmys.

Incidentally, during the E! reunion show, Eva La Rue said that back in the day the show was only allowed to use the word "bitch" in the scripts twice a year and said they were always given to Susan. Rightfully so.

• Members

Do you remember 1994, at Erica’s trial for the “attempted murder” of Dimitri??.....

Right after Kendall commits perjury on the witness stand  by saying she NEVER told Erica that Dimitri had raped her (the catalyst for Erica going crazy and hallucinating Dimitri as Richard Fields, stabbing him with the letter opener).....

ERICA: “She is LYING!! She is LYING!! She is nothing but a lying BITCH!!”

Edited by Pine Charles