AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That whole episode might be available in full on HamiltonBernique's channel. I can look later on and see.

I started March 1989 last night, venturing into AMC territory I've never really seen before at all. I had no idea how "religious" Will and Dixie were supposed to be in the beginning, but it's a nuance that I like. It doesn't feel out of place in an era where characters were allowed to have background stories that colored who they were. In later years, it would have been a plot point and nothing else.

Julie, damn Julie. She's been a flop for me. Once upon a time, Maurice Benard really had sex appeal and could be a warm romantic lead. Even in that Lucy/Desi biopic he did around the time he left AMC, there was some charisma.

• Members

Why can’t Amc get those decent size shows similar to ones for guiding light and as the world turn? I need more than Erica by herself and more than tad and Dixie. Just my two cents

now that I’m rewatching a lot of the middle to late 80s ( I love Julie Chandler by the way she’s someone that was definitely needed to mix it up in the later years) I’m a little upset with the writers because it seems there was some plan to rip away so much from the character of Brooke throughout her time on the canvas. Why was that? Laura should have never die imo.

• Members

What are everyone's general thoughts on Cecily? I'm seeing her a lot for the first time, and I didn't expect to enjoy her as much as I am. She's a nice plucky breath of fresh air in a younger set of teens and twentysomethings that was filled with very "good" and "earnest" characters (not just ragging on ol' Julie this time - also thinking about David, Melanie, and Will). I know that she and Nico end up together, and I'm liking the beginnings of their attraction, which really hasn't been spoken of yet, as Julie prepares to leave for Washington (bye, girl). Her scenes with Myrtle also highlight how perfect and important Myrtle's role on the show was through all these years.

I mostly like David and Melanie. They're a classic AMC "young love" couple in the tradition of Phil and Tara, so it fits and it makes sense. And honestly, I'm not gonna lie, Trent Bushey was hot as fck.

• Members

Cecily is a lot of fun in the 1988 episodes I watched a few years back. I especially enjoyed the strike (?) material with Hillary, Cecily, and the cute cop who would later run over Laura. She's a spark plug character.

• Members

Annie was dull as a good girl/damsel in distress.  The whole reveal with Richie and her turning out to be the nutcase was, I almost hate to admit, a very smart move as was Pratt's writing for her in general (again I hate to admit).

As for Cecily.  I was introduced to her in her second run so NEVER got the appeal.  It didn't help that they paired her with Lawford's Charlie, ick (I just hated his character--I wish no disrespect on the actor, RIP)

Edited by EricMontreal22