AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She considered Ellen a best friend, and Jenny a protege of sorts. Olga Svensen was always a friend / ally. She got along well enough with Nina and Daisy, mostly due to her close rapport with Palmer. And of course there's Myrtle, and Ruth as time went on...

You're right! I almost forgot about that.. It was very brief, toward the end of Behr's time as EP.

• Members

I felt Adam accepted the real Erica more than any other husband- even the nasty, ruthless side- provided he was in control of things. Unlike  other husbands, he would have been happy to let her manipulate others, help her with petty schemes, etc. The problem was she never loved him and he was insane in certain ways. 

Jack drove me nuts. He was extremely preachy and arrogant. It drove me crazy in later years how he'd hold Erica to one standard, then ignore the truly heinous things down by Greenlee ((I hated them making her his daughter. HATED it)). I know they were accidents, but almost killing one of Erica's grandkids and later almost killing Erica herself? Even if she didn't mean to, those things happened because she was trying to kidnap the child and trying to frame Erica for a crime. I kinda blame AMC's horrible, horrible writing in later years. Even the ending- him walking out cause Erica wants to make a film instead of marry him for the 500th time- was dumb. He couldn't just go with her to Hollywood and wait?

I liked Erica's friendship with Opal, but sometimes felt it was nearly one sided. Palmer commented on it in an early 90's episode when Opal was pregnant. Incidentally, I think Palmer might have been Erica's only true male friend. There's a really nice scene at the beginning of this 1987 episode with them. I like it cause Erica was actually shown trying to be a good friend to him 

Watching old episodes, I noticed something that leaves me confused. Brooke was Phoebe's niece and, if I recall, had a trust fund that Phoebe controlled when Brooke first arrived. Where did that trust fund go? If Phoebe was old money, surely Brooke should have been rich herself? I know she wasn't portrayed as poor, but I've seen episodes basically implying her character's not all that rich. I wonder if she had rejected her family's wealth?

I really liked Brooke, but I felt the writers could have given her some type of personality flaw instead of trying to make her so sensible damn near all the time. 

• Members

It's interesting that you mention that because I trying to recall if Erica ever mentioned being close to Opal's daughter Jenny?  Opal is the kind of friend who will dress up to go shopping in Manhattan with you and your kidnapped baby; and that's what Erica needed. 

Let's face it, her cat fights with Barbara, Brooke and even Tara were much more fun to watch.