AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I think enough time had passed after the Natalie rape story that Ross could have come back. Natalie was long-dead after all. They could have still made the mountain man thing work by saying that after he was released from jail, Ross retreated to the wilderness and lived alone, trying to put Pine Valley behind him, but that he stayed in contact with Palmer via letters. They could have then played with the history there - Erica falling for Ross while working with him, even though she'd been married to Adam and had considered Palmer a father figure.

Julie wouldn't have been believable as Jane, given the supposed age difference between Julie and Erica, but I would have loved it if Connie had been Jane. I loved the idea of someone taking over Erica's life and thinking it was all glamour and fun. I loved watching Jane swill beer, roll her eyes, and literally jerk David Hayward off a barstool. I just thought the whole explanation for who Jane was and how she pulled it all off was really under-developed. I did ultimately love the ladies of Oak Haven scenes, but I'd have much preferred the Jane storyline to drag out until the show's end. The storyline ended far too abruptly and too neatly for my taste.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I love Ross=Caleb as described, even if the character was recast. That would have worked perfectly and the character would have had more mileage. Why a newbie when a legacy character would suffice? Ross was also special as he was a Chandler-Cortlandt.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Right, and that alone would have provided so much fodder for drama. Adam would have likely had some issues with Ross being named Palmer's heir, especially if he'd come back to town as Ross Cortlandt instead of Ross Chandler. Ross would have remembered JR as a baby, so him interacting with an adult JR would have been so layered and interesting.

The only problem I see with it would have been the possibility of an Erica/Ross romance - would Erica really have a romantic relationship with a man who'd admitted to raping a woman before? Given the way that rape affected Erica and her family, I have a hard time with that, and it's something that would have had to be handled very carefully.

• Members

I was young and watching around that time, and she just doesn't look familiar from OLTL to me. Of course, CJ as Vicky is tough to get used to. I remember her better as Pamela, Christina on Rituals, and Catsy on RH. None of those scream Vicky to me! I wish I was watching AW when she was Janice, but I didn't start watching AW til 83. Jones was quite the soap hopper in those days, I wonder if she ever appeared on ATWT. Anyway, I got sidetracked...she [with Brad] looks familiar, but not from OLTL.

• Members

I know that she played a character on One Life to Live prior to her performances as Victoria. The first time that I ever remember seeing her is her role on Lovers and Friends as Amy Gifford. However, she appeared as the same character on Lovers and Friends, Another World, and For Richer and Poorer. I imagine that she was under contract to Procter and Gamble, so I suspect that she played the first of her three roles on One Life to Live before she was on Lovers and Friends.

• Members

Merry Christmas, fellow AMC fans!

http://youtu.be/-dtGwh55L0A?list=PL2624ABC7ED984DB0

http://youtu.be/YGNYU2rLRiI?list=PL2624ABC7ED984DB0

I tried to find Christmas episodes from the early 1980s but wasn't successful. I've been feeling nostalgic for my soap the past few weeks and these were my favorite Christmas episodes I was able to find.