AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Finn Wittrock, who played Tad's long lost son, Damon, has a role in Jolie's new film, "Unbroken," where he plays a soldier lost at sea. Wittrock has had a bit of a breakout year, including a much talked about role on American Horror Story: Asylum. Buzzfeed has a great interview with him that includes an AMC mention: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/finn-wittrock-one-of-the-years-most-talked-about-new-stars#.wwmZ1e7XA

I admittedly was not fond of the "Tad has a son with Hillary" retcon, and I thought the whole Colby/Damon/Liza affair was very mishandled, but I like Wittrock, and I'm glad to see he's doing well in Hollywood.

• Members

Beyond stoked for his success post-AMC!! Damon wasn't even supposed to be a major character, but you could tell they switched gears and decided to make him more prominent after the work Fjord put in (he commanded the screen every time). His stories ultimately fell flat but certainly not because of his chops; He was always top notch!

• Members

She had a nice little run doing Ford commercials, she even had one with Liza. Kind of an unexpected product/personality pairing, you'd expect to see her with a sleek luxury brand or some sort of tongue-in-cheek glam campaign for a cheaper model. When have we ever seen her dressed like she is in this advert? I remember reading that Susan drove a Ford Explorer thanks to her work on these ads. She must like big trucks like she likes big houses... last thing I saw her driving was a Range Rover. Years ago she said her dream car is a black Ferrari. Wonder if she ever got one.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Brick Manrock also has had some major theatre success, though it's too bad his Sweet Bird of Youth with Diane Lane didn't move to Broadway (then again, I think she didn't want to do it that long.)

I completely agree--the character was not exacly conceiv ed well but he was one of the last younger actors on the network version who could really act.

I just stumbled upon this from the past September--apologies if it's been posted. And man, it was a bit hard for me to watch just because I have NEVER seen Agnes seem so frail sad.png

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Her husband is really into fast cars, I think. There were a bunch of paparazzi pics of them a few years ago in Italy looking at sports cars at a dealership. As far as scale goes, she's said many times before that she likes everything big in scale, and he prefers small, which she says explains why they chose each other - he's a good foot taller than she is. Apparently it was an issue when they did a huge remodel of their house a while back because she wanted everything from furniture to art to be really big, and he likes smaller, more detailed pieces.

• Members

Same here, I just can't do it right now, but I will eventually. I know a lot of people felt the same way about Dick Clark. But I agree with the late Roger Ebert that we shouldn't hide away our sick and disabled just because we are uncomfortable. It warms my heart that she is still filled with such light. I'm more surprised that news of her condition didn't make it to the soap press by one way or the other because I refuse to believe that those leeches could keep anything to themselves out of respect.