AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He was still a baby when they left town. His name would pop up on message boards when the show brought back teen then later adult Bobby in "What if?" proposed casting scenarios, but I don't recall if the character was ever name checked by Bobby or Palmer.

• Members

Late '88/early '89, several months after Bianca. I guess Michael and Molly have that in common, never being brought back to the canvas as tweens. I suppose it had to be Molly OR Shawn... just how horrible could Barbara have been? :lol: I'll never forget Erica saying, "I don't even like the NAME Barbara."

I remember Cliff's big back from the dead return in South America. That's the first time I saw a soap actor do something Methody like grow his scraggly facial hair out.

• Members

Thanks SFK - it sounds like Michael was in that same age range then with Bianca, JR, Molly, Matthew/Sean, Jamie and Amanda. It's strange to me that he was never brought back. He could have gone to high school with JR and Bianca. Can you imagine how much Adam and Palmer would have hated it if JR and Michael had been friends?

Cassadine, Erica's brother Mark fathered Julie (played by Lauren Holly). I think her biological mother was a prostitute? She was adopted as a teenager by Ross and Ellen Chandler. Ellen and Mark later married and are still together off-camera, living in Asia. From the episodes I've seen, Julie was very much accepted by Erica as part of her family. Lauren Holly became a big enough star that I doubt AMC could have wooed her back, but I think they could have recast that role at some point.

• Members

Steve -- thanks for the conformation.

Michael was born around May sweeps of 1988, I believe. Nina and Matt left town with him thinking he was Matt's, although there was a whole who's the daddy storyline because Nina and Cliff slept together when she first found out he was alive and he didn't know she was married to Matt. Anyway, Nina came back the summer of 1989 when Cliff was with Angie with a sick Michael, which is when Cliff found out it was his child. The whole thing was really rushed though when they reunited and left town.

Julie's mother was played by another semi-famous actress, Lisa Eichorn. She was very good. I found her more interesting than Julie. I don't know why she just disappeared.

I always liked the fake Silver Kane more than the real one the showed up later. The one with the glasses.

Both Julie and Charlie had a lot of connections to the show and it's history, it's too bad their characters were such flops. I didn't mind them, but they were a bit vanilla. The story surrounding them, with Ross/Natalie and Palmer, was one of my all-time favorites.

• Members

The character that Lisa Eichorn played was named Elizabeth Carlisle.

I think that Julie disappeared because the actress who played Julie #2, Lauren Holly, wanted to leave the show. Julie had very little to do during the last few months (I guess in anticipation of the end of her contract) except bond with her grandfather, Eric Kane, played by Albert Stratton.

Another character who disappeared and was not brought back was Bonnie McFadden. She became a child actress when she was written off.

• Members

The character played by Lisa Eichorn was named Elizabeth Carlisle.

The character of Julie disappeared, I think, because Lauren Holly (the second actress to play the role) wanted to leave the show. Julie had very little to do during the last months (probably in anticipation of the end of her contract) except bond with her grandfather, Eric Kane (played by Albert Stratton).

Another character who was written off and never returned was Bonnie McFadden. She had become a child actress at the time she was written off. She was very good friends with Stuart Chandler.

The character of Julie disappeared, I think, because Lauren Holly (the second actress to play the role) wanted to leave the show. Julie had very little to do during the last months (probably in anticipation of the end of her contract) except bond with her grandfather, Eric Kane (played by Albert Stratton).

Another character who was written off and never returned was Bonnie McFadden. She had become a child actress at the time she was written off. She was very good friends with Stuart Chandler.