AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

ellabelle did you see the 1981 episode posted on the last page? Lots of good Erica scenes in that (with Brandon and Mark) and some classic Erica lines.

I wonder if they had Dimitri act that way to set up the Anton story (his having a long lost child). Or if they wanted people to know why Erica would cheat with Jackson. It's a shame that the show was so cavalier with Erica/Dimitri (as they also were with Travis/Erica earlier), as they could have been a strong longterm couple, at least if Nader had kept clean.

1996 episodes - it'll take a while for me to sit through those...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I did! I love seeing Erica pre-Bianca. It's so interesting to me!

I don't know. I'm not sure how long they had the Anton thing in the works. When Erica and Dimitri first slept together, it was established then that she was afraid of thunderstorms, so I wonder if they were laying some of the groundwork for the Kendall retcon. In late 1992, when Erica and Dimitri went to Budapest, they spent some time with Corvina (same actress, I think), and it's funny because she has a little boy who looks to be about Bianca's age, named Josef, who Dimitri offers to take fishing one morning. It's watching Dimitri with Corvina's little boy that convinces Erica to accept his engagement ring because she knows then that he'll be a wonderful father. No clue what happened to Josef, as he was not mentioned again, unless we're supposed to assume that in the course of a year and a half, he became surly medical student, Anton. ;)

Erica didn't sleep with Jack until well after the trial ended, and frankly Jack pursued her. I think their 1994 affair says so much more about Jack and Erica than it does about Erica and Dimitri. Jack wants her, and he enjoys the chase, and he loves being able to woo her away from another man. He especially loves playing the knight in shining armor, coming to rescue her and help her when she's hurt or sick or lost or scared, but I don't know that he ultimately really loves her for the dysfunctional person that she is. Don't get me wrong - there are so many, many Jack and Erica scenes and stories that I absolutely loved. I just think that they want vastly different lives and aren't compatible in the long-term.

I absolutely believe that Erica/Dimitri would have reconciled again at some point had Michael Nader not had drug problems that forced him off the show. There's a great scene with Erica/Dimitri after Bianca's intervention, with them talking about their past and everything that happened between them. Had Jack not interrupted and asked Erica to leave with him, I think it could have led to a kiss between Dimitri and Erica. Even in early 1999, when he was toying with the possibility of something with Brooke, Dimitri admitted to her that he still had feelings for Erica, but that Erica (post Mike Roy return and Jack break up) wasn't interested in a serious relationship at the moment. He was by her side after her car accident with David, and he only backed away from her because she was furious he didn't tell her that her face was scarred. Even "dead," Dimitri loomed over Erica's relationship with David, and she constantly brought him up. She tried to reconcile with him when he came back in 2000 and was livid that he was still with Alex. If Nader had stayed clean and/or TPTB at ABC had been willing to keep him, I think we could have seen a very interesting story in 1999/2000 with Erica/David/Alex/Dimitri.

• Members

You know, I think Richard Fields actually did tell Kendall that Erica had told him she was 18, which was basically his story to everyone, and Kendall was totally snowed by his lies.

Though, yes, Erica had already acknowledged Kendall as her daughter at that point and she was the one who went out of her way to bring Kendall into her life as her daughter after Kendall told her who she really was, I agree Dimitri was pushing too hard to make an instant close relationship happen too fast afterward, which is unwise even under the best of circumstances without the emotional build-up on both sides here. But in additional to his own experiences with Edmund, I think part of his motivation was that Dimitri said he saw the child he had lost in Kendall. But I agree it was wrong of Dimitri to try and tell Erica how to parent her own kids. I think he figured that since they were married, they were his kids too but still…. It did make him look arrogant and controlling. Generally, I understand Dimitri’s motivation in terms of soap motivation and his trying to control the search when he helped find Richard Fields, but I do wish Kendall refrained from finding him at all. Research, maybe - she was seduced by his movie star glamour - but not meeting him. Even Erica related on some level to Kendall’s daddy issues but told her “No,” to finding him multiple times with good reason and, of course, did try to protect Kendall from the ugliness at first. Kendall was devastated by what Fields did to her mother and yes, she was determined, impulsive, acting out for attention while sincere in her longing for Erica's approval, and struggling with her own self-identity, but Kendall wanted to know everything her way, which was ironically not unlike a younger Erica. Though it wouldn’t have been as dramatic of a story, I think Kendall should have stayed away from Richard Fields. However, it was an emotional, complicated story-arch for Kendall, Erica and everyone that allowed for great performances - the life blood of a soap smile.png

Edited by Auroraila

• Members

I really enjoyed the Billy Clyde/Emily Ann/Donna/Benny stuff when it aired. A lot of it must have played out during the summer because I recall watching at my grandparents' house, where lunch=AMC. At my age, this was my intro to BC and my mom filled me in on the Estelle backstory. Donna, Benny, and Emily Ann lived in an apartment which for some reason seemed unique to me back then.