• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you.

I enjoyed the gothic sequences with Adam and Erica, which genuinely made me afraid for Erica. And I love seeing Brooke's complex relationships with the men in her life - husband Tom, ex and current friend Mark, and then her early relationship with Adam. That she was so focused on personal life and career while heavily pregnant shows a balance current soaps don't understand.

I had forgotten Hillary was on the show this early. Did she and Jenny ever interact?

The writing that lulls viewers into a false sense of security for Greg and Jenny (talking about possibly having babies) must have crushed fans even more at the time.

• Members

I am so thankful to everyone who has uploaded 80s AMC episodes to YT. I adored Adam and Erica's second marriage for the comic value - and because Susan Lucci and David Canary play so well off each other - but I didn't fully understand why she loathed him so much until I tracked down 80s AMC episodes. Even reading recaps from that era didn't fully tell just how creepily obsessed Adam was with her during their marriage, how much worse it got after she left him and Mike died, how he kidnapped her and threaten to rape and kill her. blink.png I don't care how over the top the fantasy sequences were (cough, Adam as mad scientist, cough) or how ridiculously 80s the hair and makeup and costumes are, I can start watching mid-80s AMC and fall in love with the show all over again. It's incredibly watchable, even today.

• Members

Here's a question for everyone - according to the character profile on SOC (which I realize could be wrong), Jeff Martin was back in Pine Valley in the late 80s. He was played by Jeffrey Byron from 1986-1987 and by Charles Frank in 1988. Does anyone know what brought him back to PV in the 80s and what his storyline was while he was there? Why did he leave in 1988?