AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So since we're discussing Agnes' book and tell-all books, what do you hope to read about in Agnes' book? What would you like to know more about in a tell-all book?

For Agnes' book, I'd love to know, specifically about AMC:

- What stories she found the hardest to write

- What characters she created and ended up not liking very much or if she created a character who then went another direction because of the actor/actress cast for the part

- How much interference she had in story-telling from TPTB at ABC, from the EP, and from the actors

- Who were the actors who tried to dictate story over the years and what did they want?

- What her writing process is like

- What plans she had for AMC 2.0

- What ideas she had for the show over the years that didn't happen for one reason or another

- Any stories she wished she'd told differently on the show

- What she thought about the stories other writers wrote

- What she plans to do in the future and what future, if any, she sees for AMC

For a tell-all book about AMC, I'd love to know:

- Who is most or least like their character

- Which actors or actors/crew were romantically involved behind the scenes

- Who tried to interfere with the writers?

- Who tried to use the fans to stir up drama and drive story

- Who (aside from Michael Nader) was dealing with addiction behind the scenes

- Who were the biggest divas/pains to deal with behind the camera

- Which stories or pairings did TPTB think would be big hits that were flops and vice versa

- Which supercouple pairings really disliked each other off-screen (aside from Kate Collins and James Kiberd)

- Funny mishaps or bloopers on set

- Interesting stories from fan events

• Members

Does anyone know why James Kiberd and Kate Collins disliked each other so intently? He also started off on the wrong foot with his leading lady on his previous soap (Loving), and after the audition told the producers they shouldn't hire her. But the animosity between the two gradually turned into love - and the last I heard, James Kiberd and Susan Keith are still married nearly 30 years later.

• Members

Is it true that Collins thought it was absurd for Natalie to be attracted to someone like Trevor? To me, the early part of their relationship had a certain Tracy/Hepburn vibe that I felt helped viewers see Nat as something more than some "ice princess," as it were.

• Members

For Agnes' book, I'd most like to know what stories she wanted to tell that were rejected by the network, how she felt about focus groups, her honest opinion of McTavish & Pratt (I know she's probably too much of a lady to say anything as negative as I'd like) and if she thinks it would be feasible for AMC to return in some form after the PP/ABC lawsuit ends.

For the tell-all, I'd like to read more about what it was like backstage especially in the drug-fueled 1980s and during Pratt's run.

• Members

They were never together.

Kate's Janet left in 1992 when she went to jail for killing Will Cortlandt. She returned in jail in 1994 with a new face, played by Robin Mattson. Trevor ended up marrying Laurel, who was then shot and killed. Trevor and RM's Janet married in May 1998, I think. They left town together in 2000 or so. Janet came back a few times after that, beginning in 2006 or so, played by KC, and it was revealed she'd killed Trevor and stuffed him in a freezer.

• Members

I think I would like to know what the initial inspiration was for AMC. When she decided that day to create her own show, what came to mind first? Was it the town of Pine Valley? Was it any particular character, family or story? Did she draw anything from her own life (beyond Erica's relationship with her dad) or from novels she had read?