AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Yeah I mentioned that upthread. Finola Hughes was in that movie too. Susan also starred in a TV movie, Lady Monster, with future AMC actors Michael Nader and Roscoe Born. John O'Hurley, who played Kit Steeling on AMC played her husband in another TV movie, Blood on Her Hands.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Talk to me about Phil Brent. I know his story from the start of AMC up through the end of his marriage to Erica, when he left her to reconcile with Tara. I'm fuzzy on the details after that. Wasn't he hit by a bus or something and killed a few years later? What was his storyline from the time his marriage to Erica ended through his death? I know Tara married someone else at had Kelsey/Kate with him, but I've often wondered why Phil was killed off.

I know the role was recast at least once (as was Tara), so I'm guessing the reason for killing him off extended beyond "the actor wanted out." It did occur to me that by the late 70s/early 80s, Phil's birth mother Amy was gone, his birth father Nick Davis had left town, his adoptive father Ted Brent was dead, and his adoptive mother was remarried to Joe Martin. Still, Ruth was on the canvas, and Phil had little Phillip/Charlie with Tara, he was friends with Chuck (which gave him a connection to the Tylers), and he'd been married to Erica (who then got involved with his birth father before marrying Tom Cudahy), so even though a lot of his family had been killed off, it seems like there were still reasons to keep him around or to at least leave the door open for him to come back later.

• Members

I do think he could be allive. Wasn' he on a mission or something when he died? If so, witness protection or "on the run" ALA Jessie.

Also, if the show came back, that would be a good way to restart the Erica/Tara/Phil triangle. Hell, while there at it, they could add in Dimitri or David.

• Members

I don't think that the actor who was playing Phil (Nicholas Benedict) wished to leave the show. I seem to recall that he was written out. Phil's body was lost at sea, so it would have been possible over the years to have brought him back. If it was to be done by the show, that probably would have been when Tara married Jim Jefferson.

I do not believe that Nick Davis had left town at the time of Phil's death. He remained on the show for a longer period than that.

Tara and Erica had many scenes together. Erica treated (or mistreated) Tara as a new girl in town who was not very high on the social register, as a plain Jane or Pollyanna. She felt that Phil had a right to know his about his parentage, and Erica was the one who told him. And, of course, after Erica and Jeff were married, Erica and Tara were sisters-in-law.

Edited by danfling