AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

^ Yeah, I saw that the other day. I've seen many photos of the house from various magazine articles about SL, and I had a picture in my head of what the rest of the house looked like based on those select photos, so it was interesting to see the real estate listing and get a better feel for the whole house. It's a little bit dated in places, but it's still a gorgeous home.

I do wonder why they're selling now. She's always waxed poetic about how much she loved the house and the location, so I have to wonder if they're upgrading or buying another beach house elsewhere in the Hamptons, or if this is a hedge your bets thing about long-term finances since she's no longer really selling anything on HSN or QVC, AMC is done, and there's been no announcement about another season of Devious Maids yet.

• Members
Not I, lol! I think Alfred and Liza would have been all kinds of wrong together. Alfred appeared henpecked enough. Liza would have dominated him right into eunuch-dom.

Thanks, Carl, for posting the article. I actually had no idea Bill Timoney had been a stand-up comic.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I was just reading some old AMC recaps and I was wondering if anyone knows the actress that played Suzanne, Tad's first girlfriend in 1980? Did Suzanne have a last name?

In 1985, when Brooke went to jail for not revealing her source, who played the evil Judge, Marvin Martell? He was in cahoots w/ the crime ring and sent her to jail. Who played her cellmate Fran [?Kugler?] who was reporting to him?

Thanks for any input!

• Members

I've been watching some late 80s AMC, and I have to ask yet again why the writers had to get rid of Travis and Barbara. There was so much there with them, and I absolutely adore watching Erica and Barbara snark at each other. Okay fine, move them off to Seattle for a while, but God, I wish they'd been brought back on a more permanent basis at some point.

• Members

To this day, I am so pissed at how AMC torpedoed the Travis/Erica relationship (IMO). I just loved watching the two together, especially because Larkin Malloy had been (and still is) one of my fave actors from GL and EON.

• Members

Amy, I assume your comment was directed at Khan, but I'm going to reply anyway. I thought Erica had great chemistry with both brothers, so it wasn't that I necessarily thought one was drastically better than the other. I believe that for the writers, Travis was a means to an end, which was giving Erica a child born onscreen. If you go back and watch the crazy dream/comatose vision/whatever Erica had right before Bianca was born, out of all the men in her life, Erica is most firmly connected to Mike Roy, even making love to him in her dream (and oddly enough, then all the other men in her life and appear again and I guess watched or something wacko.png), and the only real appearance Travis makes in that entire two episode trippy dream is when he's on a bicycle built for two with Barbara, ignoring Erica. Erica's baby is what matters most to her in the dream. If the subconscious speaks the truth, then perhaps Erica knew even then that Travis still had a close connection to Barbara.

I would have liked to see Erica and Travis' first marriage go in a different direction than it ultimately did. I'm not sure the writers really knew what to do with Travis after Erica had Bianca, but I do think he and Barbara were good together and played off each other very well. Their relationship was complex and interesting, and when Barbara came back on the show in 2007 or so, it was obvious that their marriage in Seattle had been pretty rocky and complicated, and I would have liked to have seen more of that. I still think killing off Travis was a really, really bad idea.

Ultimately, I don't think either Montgomery brother was really the right man for Erica, but I sure enjoyed the story. I just got tired of the endless together/apart cycle of Erica and Jack by the time it was all over.

• Members

At the risk of upsetting the legions of Jack and Erica fans out there...? Yes. I'd love to see what Jerica fans, Susan Lucci, and even Agnes Nixon herself saw...but I don't. (Sorry, Miss Agnes, lol.). If Erica couldn't have been happy with my two choices, Mike Roy and Brandon Kingsley, then she should have been with Travis.

(FLOVED your post, though, ellabelle! Really astute observations!)