AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Enchantment ended up as a subsidiary of Cambias Enterprises, and Michael fired Erica before he was murdered. He announced the ownership of Enchantment right after he got away with Bianca's rape - Erica was yelling at him "You think I give a damn about my COMPANY?"

Ryan was considered the Cambias heir after the murder thanks to Alexander "dying" and signing everything over to him, prior to Miranda's birth, and when that was announced, I think Erica said something to him about her running Enchantment, and he said of course, he wouldn't have anyone else there. We saw Erica in her office at Enchantment a few times during the Cambias murder trial, including the night before she tried to save Kendall by placing the blame on herself. I assume Ryan had someone else running the company when Erica ran off to Vegas and then went to rehab. With Miranda being a Cambias heir, you'd think Bianca could have appointed Erica to run Enchantment again, but they never went there.

• Members

God, I love this scene! This cracks me up! Adam and Palmer were so incredibly wonderful on camera together, and the show really suffered when both of these titans left.

As a refresher: Opal and Tad want to know what Adam and Palmer were doing and why they were together the night Michael Cambias was shot. Palmer says that he shot Adam that night, and that's where this scene picks up. What we didn't know until much later was that Palmer and Adam had gone to Michael's condo, but he wasn't there. As they were leaving, Erica appeared outside the condo and shot Adam, thinking he was Michael. She then fled the scene, and Palmer treated Adam's bullet wound on his plane.

• Members

I do have to give the AMC writers over the years props for at least keeping the vets they had and using them in an overall substantial way until they were too ill to work. Myrtle, Palmer, etch they were still very relevant and attached.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Prior to being cast on Trapper John, M. D., actress Mary McCarthy (who, I understand, had been a child actress) played a girlfriend of Ray Gardner's on All My Children. This woman was physically abused by Ray, but, eventually, she did something that would put an end to Ray's current reighn of terror in Pine Valley.

Does anyone know this character's name? The first name was Birtha, but I have no idea about the last name.

• Members

I know she didn't have all that much control, particularly if she was apparently booted from the writer's room during Pratt's reign, but I can't help thinking some of that was due to Agnes Nixon still being around to SOME degree. While other shows were dropping vets who had apparently had lifetime contracts--like Anna Lee (I think that's her name--I didn't watch GH regularly), AMC had a habit of keeping them on contract even when they could barely work near the end (like with Ruth Warrick and James M), which I think showed a lot of respect. And it was great to see Myrtle working till basically the end.

The problem came that they never really built up other characters, or even introduced, or re-introduced others, to fill these positions, but I doubt the network heads in the past 15 years would have taken kindly to them wanting a contract role for someone over 70. Opal seemed like she could have filled that spot, or helped to.