AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here is November, should have December by tomorrow.

November

Paul is delighted that he and Ann have resumed their marital relationship, but she points out they’ll have to really try to make it work. When Nick pushes her to leave and plan a future with him she evades the issue and painfully sks Ruth Martin if one woman can love two men equally. Nick’s wife Kitty is planning a party for Phil’s return and is looking for a bigger house, unaware that Nick is definitely planning to leave her as her psychiatrist tells him it makes no difference in Kitty’s analysis if he’s with her or not. Tara is devastated to learn Phillip is alive and coming home and, guilt ridden, she reacts in apparent shock. Her husband Chuck reminds her that baby Phillip is legally and morally his child and he loves him, that she must not tell Phil the baby is really his. When Chuck’s grandmother Phoebe begins to set up a trust fund for her great-grandson, Tara reacts violently and feels she must see Phil before she can decide what to do.

Phil arrives back from Vietnam with a tropical fever and is held at the base hospital. He questions his mother Ruth about why Tara isn’t there until Ruth finally explains that Tara is married to Chuck and is very happy. Heartbroken she lets Phil tell her how he and Tara married themselves the night before he was sent out to Vietnam and that he always felt the vows were binding, that she’s his wife. Unable to let him know she already knew this, Ruth explains Chuck and Tara’s relationship grew out of their mutual grief at his reported death. Unable to accept this, Phil has Nick drive him into town and he visits Tara. She explains, as Ruth did, she believed him dead. He’s stunned to find she has a baby named after him and he leaves only after kissing her and telling her he feels she’s still his wife. He can’t accept this has happened to them. Phil asks her not to tell Chuck he was there but he forgets his hat and when Chuck finds it, he’s hurt and angry that Tara hadn’t told him. She still can’t decide whether to tell Phil about the baby or not.

Erica begins her testimony at Jeff’s trial. She tries to imply that Jeff was jealous of Jason, but Paul forces her to admit Jeff wanted desperately to divorce her so he could marry Mary Kennicott. But D.A Hamilton learns about the money Joe was paying Erica and he implies that they were paying her to change her testimony. The damage is done, and it is doubtful if anyone believes Erica's testimony now. Mary, terrified for Jeff, asks him to suggest Paul bring in another lawyer, a co-counsel. Paul is hurt by this but agrees to do it. Paul opens the case for the defense, saying Jeff is innocent because the motive of jealousy simply did not exist. Mona testifies that Jeff wanted to rid his life of Erica, but Hamilton makes it seem as if Mona is lying so Jeff can be freed and return to Erica. Mona also testifies that Jason dumped Erica and threw her out the night he died, which contradicts Erica’s statement that they were going to marry. Pressed about the night of the murder, Mona suddenly has memory flashbacks of Jason and she collapses repeatedly on the stand.

Realizing she knows something so upsetting she has blocked it out of her memory, she agrees to examination under sodium pentathol and the trial principals meet in Dr. Polk’s office. Under the drug Mona recalls she went to Jason’s suite that night. He crudely insulted her and told her Erica was a tramp and a witch. Still yelling insults, he pushed Margo’s gun into Mona’s hand telling her to return it to Margo. Afraid of guns Mona backed off, but Jason persisted and she fell and the gun went off, killing him. She ran out in shock and hysteria and blocked the whole episode from her mind. Hamilton has to ask for a mistrial and charges against Jeff will be dropped.

• Members

Thank you again!!

I sure wish we could see the scenes of Mona on the stand. This sounds like high dramatic material, which Mona often didn't have.

"Your daughter's a whore!!! And by the way, take this gun back to Margo for me as a favor, thanks so much!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdhQpQnXkY0

That's a little insensitive of Ann, since Ruth was widowed and then married Joe. Unless she had psychic powers and knew David Thornton was on the way.

That seems a little unethical of Kitty's therapist to tell Nick it was fine to divorce Kitty.

• Members

These are some clips leading up to Laura's death. I know the clip of her leaving the house has been around but I think this is the first time we've seen Josh's lead up. I never actually even knew they showed this part of it - I always just thought Josh was some bit player who happened to run her over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPFHkJ4a30

• Members

Uh, no. As you can see by all the great clips you've posted, Josh was a recurring character for quite awhile before Laura's death. I'm not sure why it took so long for these scenes to show up on the internet, but this isn't the first time some of us have seen them because they aired on the show! Seeing these scenes again reminds me of how disappointed I was when the story of Brooke dating Josh was dropped so quickly; imo, it really had the potential to be a story of redemption and forgiveness for them both since she later killed Jim as a vigilante and Josh's running over Laura was an accident.

Thank you for posting these clips and please post anything else you can find from that era!

• Members

She was a much better actress than the first Noel/Silver, though! This was when Silver was trying to scare Natalie into believing there was a rapist in their building, which led to Nat shooting her with Palmer's gun.

I still wish the faux Silver/Connie had been Erica's doppleganger.

I wanted to add my thanks, Roger! He looks hotter now than he did on AMC, imo.

• Members

I think they should have never had them get close enough to a relationship before she found out who he was. I think it would have been a little more interesting if she'd learned who he was, then slowly accepted him, and perhaps they had a relationship. I know SOD felt they lacked chemistry, but then I think Julia mostly just had that with David Canary, and then sometimes John Callahan.

I would have had Josh's arrival shake Brooke up a little and take away some of the suffocating qualities the character had at that time.

• Members

I just watched the first two weeks of July 2007 AMC and I seriously thought it was near perfect soap. Also, Kendall from April-July 2007 was exactly the way I loved her most! LOVED her "bionic woman" phase! She was doing it all. A pregnant, HAPPILY married, powerful cosmetics business mogul who was confident and driven. Things just got way to messy when that crash happened!

My Fusion love is burning more than ever. What a great company. Loved seeing the women go to work every morning and deal with their everyday dramas! The 4th of July Episode was so good, I just loved the meaning behind it! <<<<< HATERS <<<< ;-)

"I'd rather chew glass than work with this bitch." Annie's first traces of crazy became clear when she cornered Greenlee in that Fusion elevator and layed it down!