AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

For anyone who still has SOAPnet, in case you wanted to know, I just noticed that on Monday they're starting to air 3 AMC episodes now at 1am, 2am, and 3am. I'm 68 episodes behind (LOL) but I peaked at some recent episodes and it seems they're at around August 07 in the aftermath of the story where Greenlee ran her & Spike off a cliff, resulting in his deafness. Also, Kendall prematurely giving birth to Ian. I'm glad I have all these episodes piled up in my DVR; While it's not the best period of the show ever, I'm still happy watching them for obvious reasons icon1.gif

I'm in May 07 and I have to make a few comments. Jonathan Lavery was the most smug, abusive, annoying voiced character in all of PV/soaps and I absolutely hated his relationship with Ava. Sabine Singh was embarrassing to watch as Greenlee in the beginning. I just can't say it enough. Ryan and Annie's wedding was beautiful. I can't believe they got rid of Brent Weber who played Sean Montgomery. The show made a mistake turning Hannah Nichols into a stalkerish, crazy bat. I LOVED the New Beginnings/Reality show stuff with Erica. I still want to know why the show got rid of Erica's talk show. What a mistake!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought Jonathan was one of those characters who had real potential but then he was evil, but no, it was a brain tumor, and then he was simple Jonathan, and then... it was just stupid. The actor was far more talented than Cam Mathison, and if TPTB had put as much effort into Jonathan as they did Ryan, he could have been a good character. I hated Sabine Singh's Greenlee, and I hated how Greenlee causing Spike's deafness was retconned into something that had always been there so as not to trash the character. I LOVED Sean Montgomery! I loved his relationship with all of Jack and Erica's family, and I was so sad when they got rid of him.

Erica's talk show(s) were awesome! I loved New Beginnings, and I especially loved The New Divorce! Jack and Erica were at their best when they were allowed to be funny, and the divorce show was full of that: Erica pretending to be a couple with Tad, them sniping at each other in front of the cameras, them reconciling but pretending to be apart for the show. LOVED IT. I even loved their brief He Said/She Said. I'm not sure what happened to He Said/She Said, but I know New Beginnings was canceled by the network when Erica was arrested and went to jail. It's a shame they dumped the show for jail because the whole Erica in jail storyline was awful.

• Members

Speaking of Jonathan and his "tumah," that was almost as irritating to me as Spike being deaf from birth-both stories seemed to have been changed in order to satisfy a mistake or to soothe an actor's definition of his or her character. Who knows? Not I.But what is interesting about Jeff Branson is that his Jonathan had huge chemistry with Leven Ramblin's Lily, but none with Ava. I don't know if that was an acting choice on his part, or what, but it was very noticeable to me.

I also loathed SS's Greenlee, possibly because the timbre of the actress's voice invariably gave me eye tics. I believe that what happened to her was unforgiveably ugly, but she was never Greens.

Edited by Pavarti31

• Members

That is Josh Hamilton as Charlie in his short stint as Charlie, reprising the role of the Martin/Tyler heir apparent for Kate's untimely funeral (due to Kay Campbell's death from complications in a tragic car accident). William Mooney reprised as Paul Martin, and Nancy Frangione reprised as Tara Martin Jefferson.

Josh had two AMC connections. Josh's mother is Stephanie Braxton, the popular second actress to play Tara Martin in the 70's. His father, Dan Hamilton, portrayed Hal Shea, the first husband of Francesca Jame's Kitty Shea Tyler.