• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Saw this post by someone at SoapCentral:

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this but you have got to listen to the most recent Soap Central Live with Jill Larson (Opal). When I heard it I screamed. Jill said she has developed a websoap staring several favs from our AMC. The webisodes will center around three women played by Jill, Julia Barr and Linda Dano. David Canary, Ray MacDonald, Michael E. Knight, and Amanda Baker are all on board and in the trailor which has been shot. She said there will be nods to AMC as each character's initials are the same as their AMC character and will have simliar personality traits. Ten episodes have been written so far but they are in the process of raising money to shoot them. They are possibly going to try an online funraiser to raise money.

• Members

That is a little bizarre, I had no idea that the page was turned live on tape each day. It was quicker and easier to do it that way back then, no post-production editing or having to dissolve to a pre-taped sequence. This is of course the original original AMC opening, and I'm guessing the yellow book opening was when they started rolling tape/editing it in in post.

When SoapLine used to air during O.J., they did a quick piece on the original opening, mentioning how the identity of the hand owner was a mystery. There's a big difference between "mystery" and "forgotten information". I'm sure Susan, Ray, or Mary remembered "that lady who used to turn the page" even if they couldn't recall her name.

• Members

I did wonder if it was Agnes.

She was gorgeous in those photos. She reminds me a little in later years of Betty from Coronation Street.

I'm surprised no one ever mentioned this anywhere - I wonder if Afternoon TV were the only ones to even care.