AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Someone has been uploading every SNL episode onto the Internet Archives. 

This one has, at about 23 minutes, Susan Lucci's bit in a Night of 1,000 Stars event that was "attended" by Billy Crystal's Fernando Lamas.

https://archive.org/details/saturday-night-live-s-10-e-14-pamela-sue-martin-power-station_202007

This is Susan's episode. She was fortunate in that she not only hosted at a time when the show was well-written, but also at a low for female cast members, with Jan Hooks having to do most of the heavy lifting. As a result she has starring roles in three sketches along with smaller bits in others (she's only missing from one sketch the whole night) - I'm sure you've all seen the main two more than once, but there's another where she plays a mother-from-hell sending her teenage daughter into crying jags that is also worth a watch. 

https://archive.org/details/saturday-night-live-s-16-e-02-susan-lucci-hothouse-flowers

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Sorry, I should have put a warning on how gross the old days could be...

That era is "my" SNL and I still love and miss so many from that period, especially Jan and Phil. I'm so glad Susan got to host around then. Game Breakers, the monologue, and All My Luggage are absolutely timeless. 

• Members

I'm watching the 35th anniversary episode, and I've seen it a million times, but something just occurred to me - when Tad and Erica surprised Joe with his anniversary party at the hospital, it really looks like Ray MacDonnell was actually surprised and wasn't expecting the episode to somewhat be built around him. Was that ever established or discussed in the press at the time?

• Members

This clips makes me laugh because Tad says he is 19.  This is in 1983, which means when All My Children went off the air, Tad was only 47!  MEK looked good in 2011, but not youthful.

I don't remember that discussed in the press but Ray acted very well played in the episode.

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

MEK really isn’t that far off, though, I think he was born in 1958 or 1959, so only 4-5 years off of Tad’s established age. I think Tad managed to escape any kind of SORASing or de-SORASing bc he was introduced as a 10-year-old in 1972-73.

But god he does look a thousand times better these days, and it sucks that we don’t have him as Tad on our screens regularly anymore. He was so checked out by 2005, probably earlier. I bet he’d be a lot more dynamic now.

• Members

Yeah, I think this was when Adam had some get rich scheme (I think? I don't remember the motivation really) where he faked his death. He somehow got kidnapped and held hostage by Billy Clyde and Christina Baranski, while Adam's wife, Erica was sexing up Mike Roy in the Chandler Mansion.