AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Can anyone elaborate on the storyline involving Brooke, Tom, and his best friend Gil?  Gil had attempted to rape Brooke.  How did this storyline come about?  Seems very plot driven.  Was this story meant to create some conflict in the Cudahy marriage?

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

Honestly, that's all I remember from when I watched it. It really seemed like they had no idea what to do with Tom for a very long time after the initial triangle he had with Brooke and Erica in the 70s. I think they ultimately did good by putting him with Skye later, but even that didn't last long.

• Members

Ah ok.  Such a shame.  Tom was a good guy.

I thought my ears were deceiving me but the record that DJ Jesse is spinning in this clip is "Major Tom" by singer Peter Schilling.  4, 3, 2, 1.....

I love the 80s!  I can't believe All My Children was able to get clearance for this song.  They probably could never rebroadcast this episode though.

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

The character of Tom was eventually paired with Olivia.   Prior to that, he was paired with Erica, Brooke, Donna, and Skye.   There was a girl that he tried to help who had just been released from prison.  I don't remember her name, but the actress who played her was Tracy Kollis.

The show even hinted at the idea of a Tom and Opal pairing when Opal decided to go after Tom.  (Richard Shoberg and Dorothy Lyman had played brother and sister on The Edge of Night earlier.)

When Tom was first introduced (rescuing Little Phil from some kidnappers), I thought that Tara and Erica would both go after him, but Tara never seemed to be attracted to him - only Erica.