AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

This clip has it all: weird soapy nightmare, lots of yelling, delusions, a fight that is witnessed and misinterpreted, and oh yeah, Kendall flipping out and screaming at Dimitri that Erica ASKED FOR IT. :/

This is leading up to Erica freaking out and stabbing Dimitri. I thought SMG's Kendall was psychotic by this point, but I thought SMG did a hell of a job in this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og81ES937pg&feature=plcp

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I lost a lot of my love for the Erica/Dimitri pairing over this storyline because Dimitri was SO stupid where Kendall was concerned. He HELPED Kendall find the man who raped his wife when she was practically still a child. He made so many excuses for Kendall, refusing to see her for what she was. The scenes with Erica testifying were really the end of Erica/Dimitri for me. Look at the way he reacts to her testimony. She is sobbing on the witness stand about a violent, brutal rape, and he just SITS there with a blank look on his face. Yes, okay, she stabbed him, I get that, but this was the woman he supposedly loved and adored, and he has NO reaction to her having to publicly relive the worst experience of her life. Compare that to Jack, who also just sits there, looking like he's going to be sick, like he can barely contain the urge to jump up there, run to Erica and comfort her. I was SO rooting for Jack and Erica to get back together then, and I hated that she was back with Dimitri by year end.

• Members

I've officially reached the end of 2007 and can confirm that AMC played this song at the end or in the middle of EVERY DAMN EPISODE!

OMG. It's a catchy, sweet song but damn, almost every episode in the Fall. They even put in credits for it. LOL

e5002348.gif

What great news, I can't wait to see how the film turns out!

OSCARS 2014!!

• Members

Here's a question for the die hard AMC fans: where were the actual houses that were used as opening shots for AMC scenes for years? I know Wildwind was an estate just outside of NYC. What about Cortlandt Manor? The Chandler Mansion? Linden House? I remember being madly in love with the exterior of Linden House for years and wanting a house that looked just like that. :)

• Members

Oh wow, same here! Big fan of contemporary/modern architecture. I loved the "real" version that we saw on TV as well as the "cartoon" version seen on the Pine Valley novelty map. tongue.png The last two times I remember seeing the exterior of Linden were when Erica and Dimitri got married (it's the opening shot of the episode, and when it reaired on Daytime to Remember or SoapNet, can't remember which, it got cut), and coming back from a commercial break in a post-Betty Ford episode (I say that because I remember Erica's hair was short).

To answer your question, all of the homes are most likely in Fairfield County, Connecticut (Cortlandt Manor is Waveny House in New Canaan: http://www.newcanaan...75/default.aspx ) or Westchester County, New York (Wildwind is Lyndhurst in Tarrytown: http://www.hudsonvalley.org/node/527 ).

Edited by SFK

• Members

Sydney Penny admitted to the "mean girls" stuff (implicting the other 3) in one of the big-sized soap magazines. She felt terrible about it.

Yay to the soap or SMG fanatic putting this stuff on YT. I aways correct people that Kendall did not leave Bianca alone with Richard when he did that - that she came over to talk to Kendall without informing Kendall - and now I have proof. AM became my favorite Kendall, but I did and do love me some SMG in the role too. I'm one of the few who aways thought Kendall had redeeming qualities even with SMG in the role. I remember portions of these episodes. Kendall goes to see Erica after this to come clean sincerely and Erica plays her to make sure she shows up in court so she can throw her to the wolves. Sniffle. The reason I loved Kendal & Erica though were those little moments in between the epic wars. I wasn't completely sure Erica was going to throw her to the wolves for a minute, she seemed to get it for a minute and, of course, Kendall was just an impulsive kid acting out terribly when she was hurt and also acting out to get attention. When she'd see the light there would be barey a soul there to give her a chance.

Do they have the scenes where she tells Erica she was raped? Kendall totally went to see Erica because she was a litte disturbed after her first sexual experience but she ends up making that story on the spot for Erica's warm attention, maybe to test her. When it spirals she throws Erica under the bus.

It's a nice song that AMC made me hate.

• Members

Yes, Angela, that user has a bunch of scenes posted from December 1993 of Kendall - her sabotaging Erica/Dimitri's reconciliation after Erica moved out when she found out Dimitri helped Kendall find Richard Fields, Kendall showing up at the hunting lodge to try to seduce Dimitri, Erica dreaming a creepy dream with Richard Fields morphing into Dimitri and him attacking Kendall. Erica then went to the hunting lodge and witnessed Dimitri grabbing Kendall by the arms and shaking her, and inexplicably, Erica WALKS AWAY. She doesn't intervene. She sees something suspicious, and she just leaves. WTF she was thinking there is not really ever explained.

Dimitri rejecting Kendall and Kendall flipping out completely is posted, as is her going to Anton and having sex. The way it's shown in the clips, it looks like she starts hatching the revenge plan as Anton drifts off to sleep. Kendall going to Erica the next morning is there, as well as Erica taking Kendall to the hospital and Joe telling her that Kendall may have been raped. Most of the actual confrontation between Erica and Dimitri is not there, but Erica's completely breakdown at the hospital is posted where she shows up and joyfully announces that she killed Richard Fields before then realizing that she stabbed Dimitri. Some of the aftermath of that is posted too. I'm hoping the user has more, and that we'll get to see more of the trial and the aftermath of that. She's also posted some stuff of Kendall telling Erica she's her daughter and Erica trying to make it work with Kendall.