AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The economics and everything started to change with reality shows, etc. It's hard to believe in the 1980s, Soaps were 2/3 of a networks PROFITS. Not prime time. Daytime soaps subsidized everything. It's sad that nobody cared even to nurture them and force them to change with the times instead of just riding them into the ground. Thank goodness for web soaps.

• Members

Part of the reason there seems to be more of a reaction than with ATWT and GL I think is because AMC and OLTL were so massive in the late 70s and 80s. ATWT and GL were momentus classics at their peak--but ATWT had some trouble shaking the rep of being "your Grandma's Soap" and didn't pick up the young and college audiences that made AMC, OLTL (and yes GH) such iconic programs at that time--which is the generation many of these people responding are from.

• Members

More tweets...

Michael Muhney: ""All My Children" & "One Life to Live" are being taken off the air, but they can't be taken from your hearts."

Sarah Joy Brown: "Heart goes out 2 my friends @ AMC/OTTL & their fans"

Rosie O'Donnell: "I am mourning life i'n pine valley"

Brandon Buddy: "Wow! What happened today? OLTL canceled? Hmmmm. Not really sure what to say. Obviously shocked. Seems everyone else feels the same///I'm not sure how they're planning on ending the show but it would be an honor to go back and rock out some scenes with Ms. Alderson ; )"

Bobbie Eakes: "To all the wonderful AMC and OLTL fans: thank you so very much for your support over the years. We will always be grateful."

Nadia Bjorlin: "HEARTBREAKING.."

Archived