AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually if they still wrote for women they might still be fairly successful. I think the bizarre and often virulent misogyny of the last 15 years chased away more viewers than OJ or cable or the idea that women only worked after 1995 ever could.

• Members

From the deadline article:

As for the only remaining ABC daytime drama, General Hospital, it is safe "for the time being," Frons said, adding, "We feel very positive about its place on the schedule." GH ranks No. 2 in daytime in the key women 18-49 demographic, while AMC and OLTL both trail the competition. However, don't expect Susan Lucci's trademark character Erica Kane to check into GH. "It's hard to envision Erica anywhere else but Pine Valley," Frons said. He added that he had spoken with Agnes Nixon, creator of both AMC and OLTL, who is now "focused on providing emotional, satisfying ending" to the shows.

• Members

Yeah that was the name of it, I've watched telenovelas in the past but the only problem was I needed an English button but they never made one like they did with SAP. LOL!

I wish those soaps were presented in English and I wish those ones produced overseas from countries like England and Australia would be syndicated here. I would start moving my soap viewing to those kind of soaps and abandon the American ones completely.

• Members

What's sad for fans of OLTL is when he says the decision to cancel both shows only came within the past week (he says they had already decided to ditch one show weeks ago)...no doubt at that meeting with Anne Sweeney. Since OLTL is the one getting the extra four months on the air, it was clearly the one that was going to be spared until at least September 2012 if they had gone ahead and only canceled one of the shows.

Archived