AMC: Tuesday, March 29, 2011

• Members

Yes. David needs to be a part of this storyline. He was the first person to figure out that Bianca was gay, and he always seemed to be one of the few who never blinked at the whole thing. But this is his daughter, the only child he has left...this might be different. And then we have the whole Bianca/Miranda babyswap stuff there, there are so many doors that can be opened with this storyline. Erica, Jack, Krystal, they'll all have reactions. David will most likely (if written in character) be a Minks fan. He might even earn himself some time with Miranda. Ah. There are so many possibilities here.

And, Bianca/Marissa actually have chemistry. It's not being written nearly as contrived as I thought it was going to be.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because she's had that before, and so have we. Aside from Lena and Frankie, Bianca's long-term romances have involved women who were not lesbian to start out with, or only became lesbian because...well...the writers could not think of anything better for the girls to do. To quote Othello, that's false as hell.

• Members

Well, being on a P&G soap definitely matures you a bit (not literally, but you know what I mean), and so with Michael Park, I don't think there'd be any need to bring up within the context of the show the fact that there's a huge age difference going on with the two characters. I mean, it'd be acknowledged in the scripts sometimes, but it wouldn't be this big ordeal of "OMG Erica's with a younger man, she must be going through her midlife crisis...again!!"

Well, honestly, I think those relationships generally sucked because they were written like crap or just very aimlessly (Bianca/Maggie, I'm talking to you!). I'd rather see Binks hook up with a woman who's totally secure in her sexuality, but I'm totally down with Bianca/Marissa if it's written well, and so far, it has been. Dave'n'Don are very hit or miss, but when they get something right, it's really good.

Now, there's no way in the world I would have Marissa go through "coming out drama" like a random teen. That sh!t's been done. SG's Marissa is a bit more vivacious than BA's was, so I could believe her warming up to Bianca throughout the custody battle, getting closer, getting closer until they win, and then she either plops a celebratory kiss on Binks or she pulls out an AMC classic and surprises her with a candlelight dinner in a totally random location like the Miranda Center or something.

• Members

Not one bit interesting to me and I like lesbian couples s/l. It needs a huge road block, ala JR finding out Marissa likes Binx, jilted and then sets up Marissa to walk in on JR/Binx in bed type twist. Marissa broken b/c she thinks Binx just switched teams but it's really just JR manipulation does something stupid that might cost her AJ.

That'll truely be atleast entertaining. JR switches what Binx/Babe did to him years ago. Since it's a soap, it makes sense and then bring on the enemies.dry.gif Marissa & Binx can throw the you're disgusting! dialogue and etc.

I'm trying not to look at this as just a JR fan but an in character like move. If Marissa is turning gay or in between, she needs that extra shove, the point is she walks in on JR/Binx is so wierded out that her first reaction is WTF is going on?! on top of that it can be while she's falling for Binx making it that much painful since what Annie did to her she assumes Binx did the same. Another person she can't trust, she can get in accident or kidnapped by Ricky or whatever after that but the angst is there for them and JR finally rids Marissa from his life, gets payback on both, Binx via association to Marissa, JR is the bad seed of PV, and more cruel than ever.

• Members

Agreed that Michael Nouri is painful to watch. It doesn't help that the character was so ill-conceived. I think the character could be a viable threat to Erica & Jack, which is obviously their end game, if they had a more charismatic actor in the role. And they also need to do a better job of defining the characters' motivations and fleshing out the story more. I mean, I don't even understand why Erica is attracted to mopey old Caleb. The whole thing just rings of "it's time to find SL a new leading man, preferably a name actor, and we'll try to figure out the story later on."

• Members

I dunno, I don't think Jack knows her at all. So yes, I do think it's possible that Caleb can know her in almost a year. I think David knows her, maybe better than anyone else, and he got that read on her in a year.

Archived