OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 28

• Members

Oh fo' God's sake. I cannot believe SOC deleted my post about Jessica being a spineless jellyfish. LOL.

All the posters over there were trying to say I was all for Ford and stuff. NO. I'm not. I'm for Jessica getting real for once and smacking a bitch instead of just hiding in her head and falling apart. She's not fit to raise those kids or anything...even a plant! She cracks anytime someone 'offends' her. I have OCD and issues myself. But, do I crack and have DID. HELL NO. They are making mental illness look like a joke and that something that someone can get away with without real interference. Seriously. If this was real life instead of REEL LIFE. Jessica would be in a padded cell and her kids would be raised by the state. <_<

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WORD. Unfortunately, I think the writers keep having Tess re-emerge 1) because, the ratings probably went up the first time she was "out"; and 2) because, they probably realized what was obvious to most from the beginning: Bree Williamson makes a much better Tess than she does Jess (and even that's relatively speaking).

• Members

Brody should have taken his chances and knocked Ford out cold quicker than he did, at least it would have given him a chance to get Jessica and the baby away from Ford.

Jack isn't a character I care for, but I was glad he unleashed that tirade about the Fords, he was right about James being there.

Natalie was scraping the barrel trying to compare John not telling her about Clint. Did she really think that was even close to being the same? LOL.

Clint didn't shoot Eddie, but he definitely knows who did.

• Members

I seriously wish Tess had put up Ryder for adoption while she still had the chance. Imagine: Tess re-emerges, decides everyone would be better off w/o that kid in their lives, then sells him to some online baby broker before going back under again. Then, you have the drama of everyone trying to get Tess to return and reveal Ryder's whereabouts, and either she won't come back, or she won't 'fess up. Then, down the road, a new couple comes into Llanview, with an adopted baby in tow....

• Members

When Jessica woke up after finding out that she lost a month's worth of time, the first thing she and Brody should have done is go to the psych ward. What Ford did was awful, how are we supposed to have sympathy for him?

• Members

At the time the show didn't really suggest it was consensual - and even now the rewritten history says that the consent was from an alter created because of sexual abuse.

If she is with Cookie Cutter then it will probably be written more clearly in what the show sees as consensual sex. I don't think they did that with Ford. Not until they decided to make him their new Todd, anyway.

I think the idea is that Ford was just causing Jessica to face the truth about what Natalie and Brody did, and therefore it was fine, because she wouldn't be safe around Brody, and that it proves nothing Ford did to her ever caused her distress.

We're also supposed to believe that he can do anything he wants because he wants to keep Ryder.

• Members

Actually, I think that's a pretty fascinating spin on yet another baby story and DID story... the idea of a personality stashing a baby away somewhere and refusing to come back out and reveal it's whereabouts. How absolutely awful and gut-wrenching for the main personality! :lol: There's a Helena Cassadine quality to such a tale, something she and Tess would get together and do if Jessica was having a baby by Nikolas.

• Members

Hey Brody, thats NOT your son. He came across like such an ass today. Shut up and go home to your kid.

Jessica should have had her ass locked up the minute she woke up. Brody should have taken her to get her legally admitted to St. Anne's with Ford having no say

When I saw Tomas playing piano I thought oh no, now thats going to be perfect set up for Blair to sing for him

• Members

Regressica and Ford having sex that night has become grayer than Dorian withholding Victor's heart medication. At first is clearly looked like they hadn't had sex at all, that Jessica stopped it before it even happened. I went along with them and bought that there was partial intercourse when Ford got tested for the Hep C, then the accidental pregnancy, you know, all those dangers they teach you about how easy it is to get pregnant in Health class (why Ford wasn't wearing s condom, I won't even get into). But now they're asking us to believe that in that millisecond we saw on screen, Tess took the wheel and there was full on sex. It did NOT come across that way when that episodes aired. With Brody and Natalie, oh yeah, it was clear as we were reminded by the oft repeated sex moan clip.

OLTL would drive Annie Wilkes (further) insane. "He DIDN'T get OUT of the COCKA-DOODIE CARRR!"

• Members

This is another way soaps have spit on good drama. For years OLTL told stories about men who happily raised children who were not theirs biologically. Now this is seen as weakness. Brody is a loser for caring about Ryder, yet McBain is the biggest stud in the world for hating Liam.

• Members

BTW, are you all completely convinced that this kid is Ford's? I still see it being flipped at some point down the line, garnering sympathy for "good dad" Ford and freeing him up from the parenthood obligation like they did for Damon on AMC and like they wish they could do for Starr.

Archived