OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 21

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish he'd just leave Viki, because he sure as hell wants to and then finds out that Echo lied to him all this time. At this point, I really just need Charlie off my screen. I am so disgusted at what they've done to Charlie and Viki/Charlie.

• Members

Wendy looks like a transgender caricature.

Cutter and Tess works infinitely better than Ford but OLTL is seriously missing the mark with Tess.

Rama and Cristian also works but he'll just suck the life right out of her. Rama is too much of an interesting character for Cristian.

Charlie bemoaning the fact that he couldn't fall asleep with Echo but has to go back to Vicki was the bottom for the character. I'm over the character assassination. He just needs to go. NOW.

• Members

I don't think I've ever seen a character destroyed so quickly and masterfully as Charlie. This isn't even a Viki/Sloan/Clint-type situation where we could still empathize with Viki even though she was cheating, the writing is doing Charlie NO favors.

• Members

Ford didn't work as gray either. David Gregory's idea of gray was looking smug. He's never been able to bring anything to any version of the character. When men have to play "edgy" with absolutely no motivation, they just look slightly queasy - Ford, Cutter, sometimes even JvD's Clint.

I don't think Cris would have to drain the personality out of Rama - he didn't with Natalie or Lelya - but the main problem is putting a woman with Cris means they won't give her a story.

It's kind of an insult, though not exactly surprising, that they brought in her husband only to casually dump him. I can guess why. Perhaps it's better to be written out than to be turned into a Spinelli.

• Members

It's utter crap, really. I mean it came out of nowhere--he went from reluctantly accepting Echo back in his life and having her soup to being full on in love with her, utterly indifferent to Vicki, etc. And please--when our wife is upset and you get home if you dont' want her to be suspicious, don't immediately run up to the shower without barely saying "Hello".

Love Rama but yeah the stuff with her and Christian was just boring--this show needs to stop testing every new character on the show with everyone else--I mean I know that's how soaps work but it lately has just becomes endless and goes nowhere.

• Members

Oh, God. If NuJack were Old Yeller they'd take him out back behind the Buenos Dias and shoot him. I swear to God Andrew Trischitta took a good three to five seconds to roll his eyes, do some sort of attempt at "acting," and say, "Dad would've driven me." How did Kassie DePaiva keep going?

Archived