Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

Adrienne Frantz says Aaron Spelling hated her on Sube cause she made fun of his son, Randy. So he recast her role of Tiffany with Jennifer Banko who was on his Pacific Pallisades. Banko & Character, Tiffany didnt last til the end of summer 97

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regarding Finola Hughes and Gloria Monty:

Her Intimate Portrait was recently posted on YouTube, and according to her, the line about enjoying her last scene was actually right before she did the scene--she was actually at the end of her contract and planning to leave GH to do Jack's Place alone already, but GM let her go earlier than planned. Kimberly McCullough mentions how blindsighted everyone was on the set by that, and Tristan Rogers mentioned how they still had to finish the storyline, as Fin was originally going to do.

The story starts at around 9:22:

• Members

Yes, but Karen Lynn Gorney is also the actress that Neve Campbell's coked up character in "54" is based on. Gorney was not at all popular with the fans either. My mother and every other woman of her generation that I've spoken to in my life about 'AMC' all said that they could never understand what Jeff Martin saw in Tara when KLG was playing her. The personality, looks, acting, maturity- all were dreadful.

• Members

I think Karen Lynn Gorney was probably popular for a time - AMC asked her back, and she was part of the show's first real couple, a very popular couple in the early years. She likely outgrew the role, and seemed to become a little odd over time.

• Members

Judi has claimed that after she won the Emmy other actors on the show told her she didn't DESERVE her Emmy. I am not making excuses for anyone who said that sort of thing to her, but I would imagine that it can be tough to be an actor, who has worked for years at their craft, watch a teenager come onto the show and win an Emmy after working for 6-8 months. There might be some bitterness over the fact that she was so young, and I believe the following year the Emmys introduced the "Best Ingenue" category in response to that issue of JE being placed as a "supporting" actress when she wasn't supporting, she was a lead-but a younger lead actress. Also perhaps the people who worked with her felt they didn't get the recognition that she did, when they were all part of the same story line, so that might be when things went downhill with GA and or VI. It remains a very vague story, I've never heard real details about what the issues between Judi and GA and VI were, ever.

I agree that you wouldn't know it to watch their scenes together. I, too, have read GA interviews given in the last few years where he mentions the story line with JE as Beth as being among his favorites. I do not remember VI ever saying anything about the alleged animosity between him and Judi either, but it was always referenced in articles written about JE or VI for a few years after they left GL.

• Members

Didn't casting Sean Bridges have something to do with it? IIRC, either KA or ES wanted Christopher Douglas (ex-Dylan, OLTL; ex-Antonio, PAS) for the role, but the other didn't. The one who wanted Douglas got his (or her) way, but the move ended up being a total disaster. KA and ES fell out, and Douglas ended up being replaced with some guy who used to be on ANOTHER WORLD before the role was scrapped altogether.

Archived