Y&R: March Discussion Thread

• Members

Because Colin came in pretending that Katherine was trying to "fix" him up with the governor. Why this is funny, I'm not exactly sure.

Why do I get the feeling Colin is gaslighting Lily?

Nothing interesting today. Nikki looked nice. And I really wish Leslie could become a fulltime resident of GC. Of course, that would doom her to a relationship with Malcolm, which is a fate worse than death.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I try and I try...but, I can't do it. I can't commit to a show that snapped up my fave and then pretty much refuses to use her. Honestly, she's great. Like, really great. And the lack of airtime and story for her ticks me off. But I get it -- they don't really need lil' ol' me as a viewer, now do they??

I think Y&R is so flawed it makes the last year of ATWT look like Shakespeare. Srsly. And don't get me started on hair, wardrobe, makeup, lighting, pace, music, no extreme close-ups, or the ginormous cast.

This might not be the time or place, but for those that are unfamiliar you should check out Carly (Maura West) and Jack from ATWT on YouTube and watch the magic they make.

• Members

I used to envy the Y&R discussion a few years ago, when ATWT would struggle to get 5 pages a week, and Y&R was getting like 10 a day.

I'm only here by default, because of Maura. While some of my nonchalance about it is probably biased (loving the flawed ATWT as I did...), I gotta say, the stories are flat. I know the stories are written as if the characters' actions have consequences...but it doesn't translate into any energy onscreen. For example, Nick's defection to join his sisters in the lawsuit---it's supposed to be this game changing "moment" in the story. How's it met? Vicki and Abby squeal in delight for five seconds, and Victor blasts him for a minute and a half. BIG DEAL. It's delivered with the same intensity as any of them ordering a beer at Gloworm.

• Members

I gotta say...Eileen Davidson is ageless. The only scenes that interested me at all on Friday were her with CLB and KSJ.

I'm supposed to believe that mean ol' Vic is suddenly ashamed of his actions because he was publicly compared to John? REALLY? It only occurred to the old guy NOW that Sharon would be separated from Faith now if she went to prison? WTF ever.

Even Katherine's attitude pissed me off. John was supposed to be her dearest friend. Victor's never held a candle to John in that department.

• Members

What is the promo? I haven't seen it.

Also, I have only been a regular viewer of Y&R for the past 3 years. Before that I only watched about twice a week.

When they showed the clip of John punching Victor because he "killed his grandson"...What was that about? Was that the son that Ashley lost? What's the story there. I'm drawing a blank.

• Members

The promo I saw concerns Victor, Nikki, and Diane and YES it is vomit inducing and disgusting. Dear God in heaven!

Always good see John Abbott rise above those arthritis pains to knock out Victor. A critique and major details of Y&R's last grand business storyline can be found here.

• Members

Yep.

Blanket Robert was Brad & Ashley's son.

She had a stressful pregnancy & was forced to rest per doctor's orders so (as usual) Grambo cheated, lied & indirectly directly contributed to the car accident that caused Blanket Robert's death.

• Members

I didn't know about Victor being somehow "involved" in Ashley losing her baby with Brad....

I like Adam and Sharon (am I in the minority here? :) ) so I watch when they are on, and I'm interested to see what will happen there, now that Adam has left so that Sharon can get her baby back...

Archived