Dior sacks Galliano!

Sylph

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find it disturbing that in France, someone could be put in JAIL for bigoted statements. Should he have been fired? HELL YES. Should he be a social pariah for the rest of life, ABSOLUTELY. But Jail? That is ridiculous. Now if it was threats, as opposed to just slurs, then that would cross the line.

• Members

Well it doesn't actually happen all that aoften, but I think you have to keep in mind what has happened in France to understand the reasoning.

Right--actually I don't think Dior will be harmed by this whatsoever--and part of that was due to them reacting so very quickly (which cynically could be seen as them smartly distancing their line from him and his statements as soon as was possible).

• Members

Everybody is cracking up. Christophe Decarnin of Balmain has been in a mental hospital since January. And we all know what happened to Isabella Blow and Alexander McQueen.

Too much adulation, coke, money breeds spoiled, corrupted, troubled people, methinks.

And John Galliano is going to have to do SO much more than release a legally-drafted apology saying he is going to rehab.

• Members

Chanel will always be the "ne plus ultra" of fashion and fashion shows for me. I love all the stuff that went down that runway, too.

And how ironic that Kaiser Karl is probably the most lucid and grounded (mentally) of all the big designers working in haute couture and pret a porter (Alber Elbaz at Lanvin being another).

Archived