B&B: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great seeing A Martinez, he looks great! Looking forward to more of him on the show. I wish he had more of a prominent role though...

Yeah Steffy is in it but she doesn't have her own little spotlight in it like everyone else, why is that? I'm trying to convince myself that there could be a second version to this.

ETA: blink.gif ok I swear at like, the 30 second mark it shows "Andrea Evans - Tawny" but I'm pretty sure that's really Adrienne Frantz (Amber)? Am I seeing things?

I couldn't agree more...

The blue throws me off. I mean to me that just doesn't fit in with it at all...the same red/black accent would be perfect with this.

• Members

Yeah I noticed Ridge is in it but he doesn't have a spotlight in it either.

Also I edited my above post to say that it shows Adrienne Frantz (Amber), but the caption under her is "Andrea evans - Tawny". Those two do look very similar so I could be wrong but I swear that looks like Amber to me.... LOL

• Members

Thank you! AllmyDaysatGH, hopefully you'll also make another pic and get to use it in March! ^_^ I had an idea with that house photo, but it didn't turn out right. Not that anyone cares.

Thank you. I have honestly no idea where did they get the blue idea? It's so off.

I am not a fan of the saxophone theme, if they wanted a new one, they should have really used a new theme, hire someone like Mike Baiardi and get him to compose a hot, glossy and ravishing theme which is concordance with the times and the new aesthetic of the opening.

• Members
I LOVE the magazine cover!

They really need to change the color on the title card to like a dark purple or even a simple black and white. The blue is just way too much, especially since that color is not at all featured or prominent in the actual runway.

• Members

^_^ But once the names start to appear... :ph34r: Just like inserting the moving images of actors in front of a live Miami webcam soaked in the hurricane rains.

I don't get their reasoning. The music is so sedate and vanilla, I don't know why they picked that one either.

• Members

What can be so difficult about creating a decent opening for a show like B&B?

It's a soap opera; it's set in Los Angeles; it's about fashion.

The blue card doesn't say any of these things. The music starts like an eighties soap intro and then we all fall asleep. Everything is so dark, so blue, so not B&B.

I liked the previous opening with the photographer (minus the cast images; they screamed Port Charles) and loved the original opening.

Hope looks older than her aunts. Liked the Ridge/Brooke/Stephanie/Eric and Taylor&Kids concept, but it just doesn't look right and it's not the right way to celebrate 25 years and go for another 25.

But then again I believe that soap openings should never be changed, just updated and "styled".

• Members
STOP IT WITH THE MIAMI! You are making me hear Golden Girls cues when I read you mentioning that! LOL. :lol: I didn't mind the live images as much as alot of people- I hated the character names though. Was tacky and kind of unacceptable. If I want to know who's on the show, I'll listen to Kay Alden's script editing refer to the characters by name twice every page. The actor's names were okay though. Daytime deserves that kind of respect too.

The music is awful. It's slow and it doesn't capture the "fun" that this show is supposed to convey. It's like a lame mid-season primetime medical drama. *puke*

I expected better from Allocco/Kurtz. That theme was lackluster.

The runway was really, really nice though.

If I had it my way, none of the soaps would feature cheesy ass poses from the actors or even the actor's faces unless it had to do with the theme of the show.

Archived