ABC: Emmy nominated actress possibly leaving in February?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am worried it could be One Life. Some have mentioned Bree Williamson. Her storyline has totally sucked since she 'went to high school' and now again it's a baby being born story...etc...

Maybe she is just tired of recycled stories? I hope it isn't her because I enjoy her, but Jessica not so much anymore.

OL has a lot of women in the same age group: Tea, Blair, Marty, Kelly, Aubrey. Would it be shocking to get rid of Gina Tognoni after hyping her return to ABC? (maybe not to viewers...) Would it be shocking to get rid of Florencia after the 'fake-out' that no one bought the first time?

• Members

No it doesnt, btu Marty had nothing going for her for quite some time. Annie had plenty of story, and active connections with the characters on the show. She was never written into a corner and always maintained and made new relationships. This crazy story sparked some temporary interest in her. Most of the relationships she had, have been ignored or severed. She has no one in her corner and nothing besides this story to transition her into when its done. They do seem to be writing her into a corner and I dont see much potential in keep her. I mean they can, but unless she ermains off balanced, I see her going back to being the underutilized bore with weak ties to the canvas as she was prior to Cole going to jail

• Members

From what Pratt said the reason he made Annie crazy is cause B&E were going to write her out, and this was to "save" the character.

I don't think Marty's crazy though, she had a mental break. I think all soap characters have those at some point. I'm surprised Erica Kane hasn't LOL

• Members

Annie was already crazy when B&E were writing. Pratt just ran with it and used it as an excuse to explain away her killing someone

Again though its not the fact that Marty is crazy that is the issue. The character has NOTHING going for her. This crazy story seems like something done to help extend the character. She could have easily been written out anytime in 2010 bc she was barely used and they didnt seem to have any interest in her at all. Im surprised they kept her as long as they have bc of that. They can keep her on the backburner doing nothing or give her a meaty story and let her go out with a bang. It kinda seemed like they were going for the latter

• Members

Pratt's interpretation of Annie is probably the most exciting thing to happen on AMC since the babyswitch saga. AMC was must see TV the fall of 2008, primarily because of Annie's slow and very explosive unraveling. It was clear with B&E she was just going to go nuts, murder her brother and eventually either be kileld herself or carted away to jail never to be heard from again all in the name of Ryan and Greenlee. Instead we got probably the most fascinating and exciting female character on AMC in quite sometime. I certainly hope this blind item is not referring to Melissa Claire Egan. AMC has lost alot of talent over the years. They can't afford to lose anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived