From SOC FB page:

JUST IN: Wendie Malick to guest star on All My Children;

Also:

Darnell Williams, Michael E Knight to guest on Hot In Cleveland

From EW.com:

'Hot in Cleveland,' 'All My Children' crossover coming by James Hibberd

Wendie-Malick-and-Susan-Lucci_320.jpg

Image Credit: Craig T. Mathew/TV Land; Yolanda Perez/ABC

Susan Lucci and Wendie Malick are about to swap jobs.

ABC and TV Land are teaming to have characters from All My Children and Hot in Clevelandcross over. The move continues a storyline that started during the first season of Cleveland.

Lucci, Michael E. Knight and Darnell Williams will guest star on the TV Land breakout show, while Cleveland's Malick's Victoria Chase will appear onChildren as Gertie, a housekeeper who ends up moonlighting as a bartender at Confusion after Lucci's Erica Kane fires her.

"There is only room for one Erica Kane in Pine Valley, and Victoria Chase will unfortunately find that out the hard way," Brian Frons, daytime president at Disney/ABC Television Group, told reporters at the annual TCA Press Tour today. "This is a unique opportunity to raise awareness of both shows with similar demos, and we expect each other's viewers to follow from one show to the next."

The two-part Cleveland episodes will air on TV Land on Feb. 16 and 23; The All My Children episode will air on ABC on Feb. 24.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From EW.com:

'Hot in Cleveland,' 'All My Children' crossover coming by James Hibberd

Wendie-Malick-and-Susan-Lucci_320.jpg

Image Credit: Craig T. Mathew/TV Land; Yolanda Perez/ABC

Susan Lucci and Wendie Malick are about to swap jobs.

ABC and TV Land are teaming to have characters from All My Children and Hot in Clevelandcross over. The move continues a storyline that started during the first season of Cleveland.

Lucci, Michael E. Knight and Darnell Williams will guest star on the TV Land breakout show, while Cleveland's Malick's Victoria Chase will appear onChildren as Gertie, a housekeeper who ends up moonlighting as a bartender at Confusion after Lucci's Erica Kane fires her.

"There is only room for one Erica Kane in Pine Valley, and Victoria Chase will unfortunately find that out the hard way," Brian Frons, daytime president at Disney/ABC Television Group, told reporters at the annual TCA Press Tour today. "This is a unique opportunity to raise awareness of both shows with similar demos, and we expect each other's viewers to follow from one show to the next."

The two-part Cleveland episodes will air on TV Land on Feb. 16 and 23; The All My Children episode will air on ABC on Feb. 24.

• Members

Susan Lucci, and other AMC stars will be on Hot in Cleveland as themselves.

Then, I'm assming, "Victoria Chase" (Wendie Malick's character on HIC), will "land a role" on All My Children as "Gertie"....But instead of just telling us that "Victoria Chase" is going to be on All My Children, she will ACTUALLY be on All My Children as a new character "Gertie".

So Wendie Malick will be playing Victoria Chase who will be playing Gertie.

Confusing.

• Members

So when Susan was on HIC, she was playing herself, right? Because I remember a promo from the pilot where Miss Betty White referenced SuLu. Wow, this is interesting, kind of breaking the fourth wall/in a larger sense acknowledging that this All My Children show we're watching and all these people in Pine Valley are just make believe. Like when Susan and Wendie share a scene the subtext/elephant in the room is that Susan Lucci and Victoria Chase are acting out a scene. You feel me?

• Members

Too cool i love hot in Cleveland it is a great show and funny too......Wendie Malick man she is too funny I'm loving this idea :wub:

Hot in Cleveland/All My Children crossover that too cool primetime and daytime come together too cool!!!!!!!

Now come will get a Grey's Anatomy/All My Children crossover too that would like dream come true .. if that happen :wub:

• Members

Seriously, and it's not like she's opposed to doing a soap or ever turns ANYthing down. Hardest working woman in show business.

Have Wendie's character hook up Betty's character with a guest stint. :P

Betty White as Erica's aunt! Cool, gothic s/l where after all these years Erica finally decides to check out some of her relations, like her *Twilight Zone theme* aunt. Okay, maybe that's too much like her gig on B&B or Dorian and her mom over on OLTL, but at any rate, Betty could be Eric or Mona's sister.

Archived