AMC/OLTL/GH: Repeats on January 19

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ratings for the week of the 20th have not been released yet.

I think they could take maybe one week off at a time, but they have got to promote the cliffhangers and got to promote when the soaps return. I agree with bellcurve about taking a week off during the NCAA stuff, and maybe a week in the summer, preferrably August since the numbers suck so much anyway. Maybe even the week after Christmas leading up to New Year's even though some soaps tend to get viewership increases during this week, so I am not sure.

• Members

I don't mind the reruns. I don't think I'd like it if they had a week or 2 week run of them, but the occasional ones during a week don't bother me at all. They do it to save money so the show can stay on the air, and if that's what they have to do I'm all for it. I enjoy recent ones from shows like the TnT reunion after Eli set off the explosion, and I enjoy seeing some of my old favorite shows.

• Members

I find it annoying when it is just some random week and time. Having only three new episodes these past two weeks due to the holidays was a good thing as I didn't have as much time to watch television. I do wish they would have them occasionally on other days of the week also. For example on fan club weekends the Friday or the Monday afterwards should have no new episodes, so people who are traveling to meet performers don't miss a thing by going to see performers.

• Members

From Soaps.com

http://soaps.sheknows.com/latestnews/id/14135/ABC_Daytime_To_Air_Encore_Episodes_January_19__201/

Last year, ABC Daytime aired repeat episodes on October 27. An ABC spokesperson stated that fans requested periodic viewings of past episodes. Therefore, they've decided to air such ones to enhance current storylines.

The next pre-emption date for these special fan airings will take place on Wednesday January 19. Look for encores of All My Children (February 12, 2003: Fantasy of Tad and Erika's wedding day where Tad sleeps with many in Pine Valley. Scenes include Myrtle, Adam, Edmund, Maria and Brooke), General Hospital (May 27, 1996: Sonny plans to leave Lily for Brenda, Carly is taken to bed by Jason and Luke confronts Justus about a murder.) and One Life to Live (February 20, 2006: Todd and John try saving themselves from a plane crash, Bo worries after not hearing from John, Natalie tries to talk Cris out of a boxing match, Adriana is upset by Rex's flirtations and Tess is pregnant and accuses many of trying to bring Jessica out.) to air in place of new episodes.

• Members

Same here!

Can't wait to see Simone and Myrtle! I even loved that cheesy "Tad the Cad" song they made up for it lol. I wonder if they will edit it at all though (e.g. Marcy Walker's brief appearance at the end...although I guess they can't cut the final scene).

I am going to tune into the GH episode as well.

Archived