AMC/OLTL/GH: Repeats on January 19

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC should save these for those March Madness weeks when local pre-emptions for regional ball screw everything up anyway. They should do a two week break of reruns and resume when the ballgames are over. Do some sort of edge of your seat cliffhanger and tell the audience you'll be back in two weeks.

• Webmaster

Yes, the ABC soaps are airing encores (again) on January 19th. However, the episodes airing are not known at this time. Though as always, the episodes selected will be relevant to current storylines (even if it is five years or more old).

• Members

The problem with this level of thinking is a.) when regional playoffs happen, those regional playoffs are syndicated. My local ABC affiliate aired the SEC playoffs the week before CBS aired the national playoffs. That pre-empted GH and all the ABC soap operas. b.) other than the loyalists, no one's gonna be watching the ABC soaps during the playoffs anyway. Women and gays love sports too.

It just makes more sense to me to take one or both of those weeks off, build up to a helluva cliffhanger and come back after the championship is over.

ETA: I think it hurts shows to have these pre-emptions on random days that no one thinks about than to take chunks of those days off. I think taking weeks off instead of just random days would build more suspense.

• Members

i agree with all of this, except when was the last time any soap had a good cliffhanger, anyway? Most likely no one would care about it and two weeks off would just leave people time to find syndicated reruns of 90s sitcoms, and they'd forget all about soaps.

But, if they could actually muster up a GOOD cliffhanger, then your idea is great.

Archived