Y&R- Week of December 20th

• Members

Nicholas is pretty much a ruined character for me, for all the reasons DeeeDee outlined in one of her posts. Having said that, I am glad they have steered Morrow away from both Sharon and Phyllis.

Plus, I hate Jack more than Nick. He's such a self-righteous, purple-faced blowhard. I'm so relieved beyond the telling of it that Diane is being steered away from his antiseptic orbit. Maura has a charming, Marilyn Monroe quality about her, and I hate that her sex appeal has been wasted on the one lead actor on this show who fails to conjure up any sexual chemistry with anybody (except, maybe, Billy Miller).

P.S.: I like maura when she has shorter hair -- but this is too short. A short bob, with longer bangs sweeping across her forehead would be perfect. Maura has a face made for that sort of 1920s/1930s flapper/starlet style.

I am 100% in agreement with this. Engen will always be a definitive Adam for me, and his interpretation could have laid the groundwork for where Adam should have been taken as a character -- a snarky young anti-hero with this kernel of anger, rejection and vulnerability just below the surface. His scenes with Vail Bloom really highlighted some of Adam's humanity, too, and I totally rooted for him when Nick, Victoria et al ganged up against him. He was a scrapper and never took crap from them. He also had a very interesting, non-sexual dynamic with MTS... made me wonder how much Adam would have thawed if Nikki became an unlikely mother figure or confidante. Unfortunately, Y&R does not really invest in non-romantic pairings unless there is an agenda attached...

I will give Muhney his due -- he has put a lot of water in his wine and toned down the mustache-twirling to look for some of the "shading" in Adam's character. He and Sharon Case play well off each other. And sticking it to those Newmans will always be a bonus for me.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How dorky can I be? How about sniffling in joy at seeing Beth Maitland and Maura in a scene together?

I get why Abby rolled her eyes and grimaced during Tucker's overblown proposal. WTH is Jack's problem?

I gotta admit, as much as I dislike Victor, I enjoyed him tormenting Adam and Sharon in jail.

• Members

In theory the 'Reed coming to see Victoria' miracle should be warm and fuzzy but it pisses me off. Victoria never gave a damn about Reed until the next plot driven scene told us that she did. It would be easy for her to get on a plane and see him or to skype him, but no it's more important that she whines trying to pull the heartstrings as Billy plays hero and finds a way for Reed to contact Victoria.

I hope that this is the last rip off Christmas tale/ Emmy bait episode that ever gets made. The previous efforts had practically no effect other than getting CLB and BM emmy's.

• Members

Keep Tucker feeling guilty, Abby! Loved how she rolled her eyes throughout the proposal. Love Traci and Abby interacting, too.

Scrooge Victor is so obvious, but I don't think Eric Braeden will ever get nominated for an Emmy, no matter how many special SLs they throw at him.

• Members

Maria never should've addressed Victor FRAMING Adam for murder during his nightmare then dropped it when Victor tries to "redeem" himself.

Victoria & Abby acting like they couldn't understand why Victor didn't want to be around them?

Nick & Billy being all self righteous about Victor when they're pretty crappy fathers themselves?

Nikki marrying Aunt Jack? If anyone it should've been Paul.

Luke Kleintank is cute but can't act.

Random Diane & Kyle?

Tucker but no Katherine?

Ghost Colleen?

HATE.

Archived