Y&R- Week of December 20th

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can anyone tell me why Sharon is staying in that hovel with Adam? Did I miss her actually getting thrown out of the Newman compound? I mean, she thinks nothing of schtupping Adam while "engaged" to Nick...but she's just suddenly too proper to return to her own home? That room looks like a roach infested dump.

• Members

As much as I'd love to blame Y&R for Maura's hair, it's apparently what she prefers. The less hair she has though, the less hair and wardrobe can do to it. I wish someone would pull half those women aside and cut their hair. Tracey Bregman is way too old for Farrah wings and Sharon Case's 'do always looks like she just rolled out of bed.

LOL...they don't even allow Paul to have a scene with Diane. Ain't no way they'd bring Steven Ford. I doubt they even remember she was married to Andy.

• Members

They probably don't, but I was just watching some of an early 2003 episode where Susan Walters Diane was calling Andy for help. So MAB would only have to go back about 8 years. I'd take any story which isn't about Diane and Newman dick or being called a whore.

• Members

Then Hoggie couldn't get his jollies writing Maura doin' every "powerful" man in town. Freudian slip, much, Hoggie?

I'd FLOVE a Paul/Diane hookup. Since there's no way they'll ever reunite Lauren with him now. Mikey is the Golden Boy of Y&R. Lauren's stuck with him for eternity. :(

• Members

Seriously, is the show really that bad? I was home sick last week and caught a few scenes channel surfing. Saw the Tristan/Jess scenes, which I thought were pretty decent. The Jill/Lauren fallout scenes were pretty funny. Despite the silly insta-family thing with them, Jess and Tracey are obviously enjoying themselves. I caught the Nick/Diane afterglow scene, which I thought was repellant. If it's possible to have extreme anti-chemistry, these two have it. I was wondering if she had any scenes with Paul, since their stories were closely tied in the past. Does Doug Davidson ever have scenes with Eden? Does he even still make apperances? Whoever thought Eden would be great as his daughter should be fired. You don't for a minute believe they are swimming in the same gene pool. I caught some Sharon/Adam stuff too, but it just seemed to be the same old, same old boring crap last time I watched a few months ago. I know that Case and Muhney are BFFs off screen, but just something about the tone of their story seems so not a Y&R story. I can't put my finger on it.

• Members

Jill/Colin is fun. They have good chemistry. Jill/Lauren could be really fun but they only give them like two scenes per month so it's hard to get invested. Diane and Nick have no chemistry. Paul and Diane haven't shared a scene together since Maura took over. Paul/Heather share some scenes together, but not a ton. No, they don't look ANYTHING alike...Even remotely.Sharon adam are boring and chemistry-less.

• Members

Thanks for the response. I was watching pretty regularly during the LML era (dodging flames LOL). I began to lose interest when MAB took over and the whole Victor/Sabrina thing started and I never really tuned back in regualarly. I've kept up with the show through synopses and occasional viewing. BTW, just wanted to add that I thought Chris Engen was great as Adam. He brought a very quiet, very subtle tortured quality to the character. He played it as though Adam was boiling just beneath the surface. Muhney plays him less tortured, and a bit more on the mustache-twirling side. I don't find him very interesting. I don't know if it's Muhney, the writing, or both, but I find the character and his story underwhelming.

Archived