AMC - Wednesday 12/15/10

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, soaps have done it but given the archaic way soaps present women it's not nearly as common as it ought to be given the crazy number of unplanned pregnancies. Most of the time they take the cheap, easy way out and I have no doubt Madison will be falling down the stairs by March. Honestly, at this point I not only want Madison to get an abortion, I want to play the doctor that does it.

• Members

I can't pretend to have been watching soaps regularly over the last 20 years, so excuse me if my 'research' isn't up to par, but...the stories I've seen on t.v. about abortion have never truly explored the issue to my satisfaction. And I'm talking both primetime and soaps. I don't remember a recent storyline where a woman actually chose to get an abortion, as opposed to contemplating it, chickening out, and then somehow 'losing' the baby anyway. It's a tough issue to tackle for a soap, because it 'could' look like the writers are advocating pro-choice...that's all I'm saying...

• Members

Hey, I'm right there with you. Your battle isn't with me. I'm not one of those viewers who likes to bludgeon people just because they don't know what color hat some character was wearing in a scene ten years ago. On the contrary, I think it makes perfect sense that you think abortion hasn't been done because IMO it hasn't. Not in a realistic way.

• Members

^^^Sorry, didn't mean to imply by quoting you that I was arguing with you. I was just replying to some posts above which were rather *snarky*.

I love soaps, but just haven't been watching regularly because, ahem...life got in the way.

But for the last year, I've been watching/taping daily & I haven't seen a soap do it, and I've seen primetime shows skirt around the issue as well...I think maybe they don't what this type of controversy?

Here's an article that discussed the Lulu abortion (I didn't watch GH much back then, so don't even remember it), but it does confirm that soaps really try to avoid this issue:

• Members

Annie's really channeling her inner crazy again, I like that the writers are sort of bringing that back but I hope it doesn't totally consume her. I like the progress she's made as a person this past year and I would hate to see that all get lost. Hopefully this is just temporary. I get her being all frazzled over JR getting closer to Marissa, her jealousy is really intense. It's even more understandable on her end after what happened between her and Ryan...I believe JR though when he says that this won't last long, they will end up together in the end. I think Annie should trust him...the look she had on her face at the end though has me worried.

That Christmas tree scene had me LMAO!

So great to see Angie! All of her scenes were great. I loved the scenes where she was talking with the doctor about preparing to raise a baby while blind. Those scenes were written so well..."Can you baby proof me?" sad.gif. I also really liked Angie's scenes with Madison & Greenlee. Her respect for David as a patient in the hospital is refreshing to. It's no secret she hates him, but unlike Jake she is looking past that right now and doing her best to make sure he gets treated in the hospital.

Archived