Early Show Shake-Ups

Sylph

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It actually WAS #2 when it was Smith and Paula Zahn (at least when those Canadian people were anchoring GMA) were there which is why I always thought they should bring back Zahn after her tenures at Fox News and CNN brought her even more recognition.

Now I could see Harry Smith doing the Evening News, that be terrific actually. I like Katie Couric and have always felt she's never been properly given a chance (because nobody is willing too), but the program has been gutted then again do we need even need a CBS Evening News anymore? The 70+ crowd is dropping like flies nowadays I think if at all Couric may as well be the last anchor of the CBS Evening News.

• Members

I don't think they need to drop Harry Smith, he's a star. Erica Hill is also mega fierce, but I expected bigger for her. Not that The Early Show isn't big, but I expected something else. Something people actually cared about. She'll somewhat raise her profile and get a major show on her belt, but I'm sure she'd rather be on Today or GMA.

• Members

There was nothing he could have done. If Harry Smith isn't taking over for Katie Couric, then this sounds like a budget cut. Get some cheaper, younger talent in and hope they pull up the ratings. But the problem is that The Early Show doesn't even TRY to be different from GMA and Today. In order to raise ratings, The Early Show needs to step outside of the box.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I just wish Glor had been promoted to host so we can see even more of his sexy self.

When CBS News interrupted The Talk last week, I was inclined to change the channel until I saw Jeff Glor doin the Special Report. :wub:

Chris Wragge looks well, ragged. :P

And what bothers me most about this promo that they spent money to make is that it doesn't tell me why I should be watching NOW! It's just "The new crew is here. They're younger, they're hotter, they use a five year old Rooney song in their ad, they're doing fakeass Friends bullshit minus the fountain!" But what's gonna make THEM more watchable than Harry Smith, Maggie Rodriguez, and Dave Price? Is Moonves just gonna let them go all out wild and Good Day L.A.? Or is this still gonna be some kind of serious news show?

WHY should we watch? The fact that you have younger people anchoring just isn't enough. Moonves needs to trash that bitch up and have the girls hung over and the guys totally wasted or something.

Archived