Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't have a problem with it because to me that's just Nikki.

I liked Brenda a lot, even if it did feel like they lost interest in her once she and Victor split up. I know she didn't have the edge Eileen's Ashley had, but that was probably fading by the time Eileen left anyway. 

• Members

It seemed Bill Bell was starting to lose interest in the Abbotts around 1987, first with Traci role being reduced then the Ashley and Jack recasts which threw off the balance of the family.

BE Ashley feels like a totally different character compared to ED original recipe Ashley. I might be way off about this, but with Traci role being reduced, BE Ashley seemed like she was both Abbott daughters as one character. 

• Members

Replying to myself

Please register in order to view this content

I found a blog with the answer. This apparently was true! 

https://glmanny.wordpress.com/2020/06/22/stolen-lockets-and-broken-hearts-by-traci-abbott/

More info on other fictional Y&R books: https://glmanny.wordpress.com/books-about-guiding-light/fake-books-on-the-young-and-the-restless/

• Members

Damn! Tough One! I remember the name being mentioned multiple times but I really don't remember the plot line!

Please register in order to view this content

True! And somehow when Traci Visited in 1993, She was The Bitchy One!

You are all right she wasn't Great, But She Certainly had her moments! This scene is pretty impressive if you consider it was quite early in her Run!

As For Dina, Bill Bell certainly had A Love/Hate relationship with that character! It's funny how she was so human in the 1980's with some villainous touches but still sympathetic! Then she was reintroduced in 1991-92 as A Huge B*tch! Then they tried to make her a mature heroine in 1996...

It's just strangely inconsistent! 

• Members

Thanks for the 87 episode @YRfan23

The seldom seen Newman dining room. Wonder why they decided to use it?- as often they would be just having a coffee/juice in the living room post breakfast. Maybe so Nikki could have her fall down the stairs w/o being seen.

A 4 and a half minute opening scene-no way would that happen today.

Nice to see Casey-a pity she didn't stay around as a recurring doctor/talk to.

And John and Carol turning up at the very en, always nice to be surprised.

I always wondered how Nikki would have these elaborate hair do's day to day. Did she have a hairdresser squirreled away upstairs?

• Members

That scene of Nikki on the ground saying she has too much to do reminds me of the scene with Vanessa on the floor in front of her couch and willing herself to get off the ground. If only Vanessa had waited a little longer, she too might have had a miracle cure.

• Members

I never understood (at the time) what was going on with Traci Abbott in 1987.  First she announced she would finish her college degree in California, then she left that summer, and was removed from contract.  It seemed as though Bell was done with her.  By the fall, she was back on the show (and under contract again). 

I never knew if Bell removed Traci from Genoa City in order to facilitate a Brad/Lauren hook-up, or if he just got tired of Traci because he was tired of her, and then changed his mind a few months later.