Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Well, with 4 eps on a $10.00 disc, that comes out to $2.50 per episode, which I consider reasonable. The seller does have to do some work to assemble the disc, after all.

But if something long-thought-lost-forever popped up, like the debut of ATWT with Nancy Hughes saying, "Good morning dear!", I'd expect the seller to charge significantly more.

You know, I also love hunting down vintage soap opera magazines from the 1960s and 1970s, but even those can cost an arm and a leg on eBay.

Being a soap opera collector ain't cheap!

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Haha no it's not!  

Something I just thought of....I wonder if that person with the vintage collection had mostly Days and Y&R?? I don't remember what other soaps had full archives still in tact, but he couldn't have had any of early 70's ABC, cause save for a few kinescopes most of those first 10 years are wiped out...

• Members

He did not list all 20 eps, just a sample, but there was more than just DAYS and Y&R. He also mentioned the 90-minute premiere of The Edge of Night on ABC and the premire of How to Survive a Marriage.. 

Really, I am sceptical because I've been ripped off before, but I suppose hope springs eternal, right?

• Members

See, although I keep saying I am highly sceptical, a snippet of Chris and Snapper's wedding is even on youtube, so I can believe the entire ep could be out there. I have heard for many years that the 90-minute special TEON is in the hands of fans, who guard it like the crown jewels, too. 

Still, I'm not going to pay $1000.00 for anything. Well, okay, if I could verify that a seller had the complete first five years' worth of Y&R on DVD, I might consider buying THAT for $1000.00, LOL.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

I think that clip of Snapper and Chris wedding was taken from the Y&R 20th anniversary. I agree about $ 1,000.00 being outrageous and the risk of it being a scam. 

There are a lot of vintage soap episodes listed in the UCLA film archives, but they will probably never get around to transferring them to media for public viewing. They figure it's not important. 

• Members

Sony doesn't seem to realize they could easily be making money off starting a streaming service with classic Y&R episodes. They need only look at the prices sellers charge for videos. I'll never understand their constant copyright claims when they show no intention of profiting from the old episodes.