Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’m hoping with this news it won’t be long until more consecutive episodes from those years are available!

Please register in order to view this content

we’ve already been fortunate with those 1982 dates you shared and recently those 1984 dates! Maybe more people are starting to hand over their copies?? Lollol

• Members

Someone contacted me recently and claimed to have 20 "very rare, never circulated among fans before" soap episodes from the early 1970s. He says he will sell them as a set for $1000.00 total.

While the 1970s remain my favorite era of daytime TV, I am sceptical. What is the asking price these days, for uncirculated vintage material? I know that when Jacquie Courtney's Emmy reel was auctioned off on eBay several years ago, the bidding went beyond $300.00 for 60 minutes of material. Is $1000.00 for ten hours' worth of episodes reasonable?

I mean, yikes!

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

Many years ago, I used to trade rare videos with other collectors, but finally stopped when I got sick and tired of getting ripped off.

I understand that sometimes you need to keep ultra-rare material to yourself in hopes of using it to barter with someone else who also has ultra-rare material in his collection. And I can even understand charging someone for the costs of blank DVDs and shipping if he wants you to ship him discs through the mail.  You don't want to LOSE money from your own pocket in order to gift total strangers with soap opera episodes from days gone by. But $1000.00 seems way too high a price to ask for 20 episodes.

I'm curious to know what folks think they would comfortably pay for the soap episodes they want to acquire.

• Members

For those who are curious, here's what we might see in those 1980 episodes!

Please register in order to view this content

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS: Week of April 14 - April 18, 1980

(1:00pm - 60 minutes - CBS)
Leslie told Jonas that she needs and loves him.  Jill freely confessed her lies to Stu and Liz, who agreed to marry.  Victor took a liking to Lorie while also paying attention to Casey.  Brock and Julia shared an “accidental” kiss.  Lucas agreed to help Sebastian.  Nikki regained consciousness, but had memory lapses.  Vince got Nikki’s letter to Greg before Greg could find it.  Victor raged when Julia refused a trip to Europe.  Patty softened her attitude about Mary’s pregnancy.  Kay’s corporate top-dog, Packard, reluctantly taught Derek the company ropes.  Jonas admitted to Leslie that his wife and child died in a fire while he was being a revolutionary hero with Sebastian in Santo Leandro.

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS: Week of June 16 - June 20, 1980

(1:00pm - 60 minutes - CBS)
Nikki sold flowers for Matthew and Rebecca’s New World group.  Peggy set out to “save” Steve from Jill.  Paul thought Tim Walsh was interested only in Patty’s body.  Paul’s folks told him to get a job or get out.  April apologized to her parents for her illegitimate baby.  Lorie feared losing Brooks if Leslie regains her memory and returns.  Julia returned to Victor and said she’s not afraid to be his woman.  Julia thanked Brock for remedying her emotional hangups.  Kay was impressed that Derek took corporate command.