Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you so much Amari! And welcome! 2000-2001 was my favorite era. I would love to see more episodes. It was when I started watching and in retrospect I feel like they had perfected their style by then. Then Bill Bell passed away, and everything slowly went to shambles....

• Members

Thanks for sharing @AMARIB91

Would you guys be interested in my sharing the yearly summaries I saved off of the defunct www.youngandtherestless.com site? I know there was a lot of inaccuracy on them (like saying Victor came to in 1979) and some broad generalizations but at least they gave you an general idea of the main storylines for that year and even touched on minor details like Andy Richards' ex wife Karen.  

• Members

Were those the same summaries from the SONY site? haha I use to read those all the time, and yes for a while it seemed like they got the years mixed up, or at least the 70's info.....they seemed to be off by one year as I think they said Katherine haunting Suzanne was 1978, when it was really 79, and yes them saying Victor came on that same year.

I remember all I wanted to do was just see all those episodes, and I'm glad so many have surfaced! haha.

but yes that would be fun to see! 

• Members

Haha very funny. 1980s Y&R is impossible to find. Sony/CBS needs to dig into the vaults any maybe release some DVDs or a streaming channel. Then again, I don't think they want the viewers watching reruns and missing the current episodes.

• Members

I still don't get how ATWT and GL have all these amazing quality late 70's/early 80's clips and nothing from Y&R.....I know those clips would be taken down instantly, but I wish people who have those episodes would at least try....but I agree I would love DVD quality of those old shows! 

• Members

I think those ATWT/GL clips are all but legally posted because of the licensing involved with releasing them on DVD a few years ago. Those come from the master tapes. Because Sony, for whatever reason, thinks no one will ever want to watch old episodes of Y&R, we have absolutely no access to the masters (rare exception would be the recent rerun on 12/30).

• Members

Last year I bought the DVD collection of the Carol Burnett Show " The Lost Episodes" 1967-1972. In the book with the set, Carol talked about how the shows were in CBS storage and never reran due to legal issues, how they had to get stuff worked out, and the process of preparing them for release. They show a pics of Carol standing in the CBS TV archives surrounded by those huge reel tapes and the boxes look all worn and tattered, stacked on shelves etc....I kept thinking probably in that same room somewhere is the 1970's and 80's episodes of Y&R collecting dust and rotting away. 

• Members

I believe the website was indeed SONY haha as I also saved at one point all the Restless Style covers from that site. I remember finding the site in 2007  just thanks to a random advertisement on Y&R along with visit "youngandtherestless.com" and I was huh that's new.  Prior to that all CBS soap online ads always referred to the specific CBS Daytime Page and not an individual soap page like that. But compared to P&G's attempts to give GL and ATWT official webpages and "official" discussion boards in the early '00's the Y&R site did feel lot more authoritative as opposed to the P&G sites catering and caving into fan bases.