Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you! Last night, I was watching the December 8th episode, dubbed in German. IMDB listed him as having credit in the December 5th episode, but when I had watched that episode previously in the Vault, Terry Lester actually appeared in that cliffhanger December 5th episode, although I realize that many continuing dramas liked to list actors in the credits before they make their onscreen appearance.

• Members

It's ironic, If I walked into a place and Bergman and Lester were there, By Looks I would Flirt with PB, But Man When TL turned the Charm on, Darn one Gets to drooling!

Please register in order to view this content

As I watched Terry's Jack I realized how sexy he really was! It's like Larkin Malloy as Sky on EON! 

It's actually ironic how most Crazy ladies Falling For Jack happened under Peter Bergman!

• Members

TL Jack had so many layers. Playboy on the surface but deep down a lost little boy with mother abandonment issues that was always seeking his father's love and approval but messing up while doing so and not being able to live up to his father's expectations. Those layers got lost with the recast.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I am currently watching 11/8/94 where Jack reveals to Keemo that he is Keemo's father, and Jack says "I honestly think you'll grow to like me" and I had to snicker as I never grew to like Peter Bergman's portrayal of Jack after 34 years 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Haha you are too funny!!

as terrible as I use to think it was of Bergman to pretend Keemo and Luan never existed, I definitely understand not to a degree why he felt that way. The dialogue and scenes are More cringey then they are heartwarming IMO.

On 10/5 or 10/6/94, the biggest cringe for me is Jack and Luan’s reunion and the way Jack says: “Hello Mai-yung” with the hint of a Vietnamese twang in his voice!  

• Members

The Vietnam story was a rewrite since it went against established history. In 1983 when Dina arrived, it was said she left the family in 1971. The rewrite had Jack serving in Vietnam in 1971 so that made him an adult when Dina left.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I wonder if the problem was, unlike Victoria Rowell who sort of guided Bill Bell with how to properly write for AA characters on the show, maybe both ES and PM didn’t step forward and offer their perspective to Bell with how to properly write for the Vietnamese culture….although I guess one could argue they weren’t both Vietnamese IRL, but still. 

It’s definitely a rewrite but to kind of fix that error, I would just have it that Jack quickly left for Vietnam in the months after Dina walking out on the family. Most people go into the army when they are 18 and just out of high school. 

Edited by YRfan23