Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So somebody that’s in a classic Y&R group that I’m in posted a couple days ago that they emailed the SONY archives and asked if the entire Y&R series exists in their archive and if they ever plan on streaming the show. He got a reply from them stating yes, the entire series is in their archive and they also are considering streaming the entire series. That’s definitely a step in the right direction because before this, I thought they’d had no plans to stream it whatsoever!

Please register in order to view this content

Do you guys think they’d really do it??

• Members

I’d literally pass out

Let’s hope so!!!

I hope they’re not just being nice either LOL.

Maybe we all just need to flood SONY’s archive email address with questions and/or requests surrounding streaming the entire series. If enough of us do it, they’d have to give more consideration than they have been and see there’s really a market for it!

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

I'm watching the 1982 partial episodes. Really fascinated by the atmosphere, the tone, the lights and how the music was really meaningful in every single scene. Bill Bell and Wes Kenney knew how to do a very refined tv show. The Victor-Lorie relationship was writter and played very well. While she played cat and mouse with Victor, trying nicely to obtain the key to destroy his reputation and give back Prentiss Industries to Lance, he wanted to get her interested in him, the only woman he wasn't able to distress or seduce or understand well. Their relationship is written like a dance. As Douglas Austin said: 'Lorie is devious and dangerous and mysterious. She is acting like a character of a spy story'.

Storytelling is a fine art. Even a simple storyline can be written full of nuances and key scenes. As a viewer, I'm stuck to this kind of storyline, where characters are compelling and not a parody of themselves. YR was so mesmerizing back then.

It's an ability that nowadays often lacks in daytime writers. 

• Members

This type of scene is missing from Y & R, and other soap operas nowadays.

When you had a character from the haves (Katherine) meeting a character that wasn't a have not, but fighting for their piece of the pie (Ms. Love).

And on that subject of a Have meeting a character working to get a piece of the pie...here was Victor and Drucilla's 1st meeting.