Prince William and Kate Middleton to marry

DRW50

• Members

What I want to know is this: how on earth is Kate's family going to pay for this? 2,000 people? They will share the costs, although I'm not sure what percentage exactly. If it's something like 5%, it's OK, I guess. Then again, it's not like the Queen is doing brilliantly financially.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the Middletons will be spending a dime on this wedding. The Queen's going to pick up the tab. And she can afford to. The Queen's wealth is very hard to ascertain, people like to suggest that because she gets Civil List payments she "needs" the money...but people...she's CHEAP. She'll take everything she can get her hands on. The Queen's wealth is greatly underestimated, her assets have never been formally revealed. Sure, she pays income tax, but that's on what she makes, not what she has.

Cheap and greedy, all of them are, except Princess Anne.

• Members

It's really amazing to see how these estimates shift and the fortunes oscillate. Not so long ago, Queen Beatrix of Netherlands was the richest European royal, a billionaire, but now Queen Elizabeth surpasses her. Queen Beatrix apparently lost a lot of money in Madoff's scheme.

The richest European royal is Hans Adam II, Prince of Liechtenstein: $3.5 billion.

And the richest world royal is the King of Thailand.

• Members

I find all rich people to be that way! LOL It's also amazing to me that so much of these people's wealth is on paper, and one drop in the the market will dissolve it. unless it's money in the BANK, in my book, you ain't got it. Real Estate also counts as wealth. Although much of it has been overvalued. That commercial is a SCREAM. 20 bucks? I wonder of the "faux sapphire" is even made of glass, or is it plastic?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I won't be waking up early to watch it live, but I will DVR it starting at 5am. :)

Royal wedding schedule

All times are ET. The wedding ceremony takes place between 11 a.m. and noon in London.

Arriving at the Abbey: 3 a.m. ET / Midnight PT / 8 a.m. London

3:15 a.m. to 4:45 a.m. ET: The general congregation will arrive at the Great North Door of Westminster Abbey.

4:50 a.m. ET: Governors-General and Prime Ministers, diplomats and other guests arrive at the Abbey.

Royal family arrivals: 5 a.m. ET / 2 a.m. PT / 10 a.m. London

5:10 a.m. ET: Prince William and Prince Harry leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey, arrive at 5:15 a.m.

5:25 a.m. ET: Members of the royal family leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey.

5:35 a.m. to 5:40 a.m. ET: Queen Elizabeth II and members of the royal family leave Buckingham Palace by car.

5:48 a.m. ET: Bridesmaids and pages leave the Goring Hotel for the Abbey, arriving at 5:55 a.m.

5:51 a.m. ET: Kate Middleton and her father, Michael, depart Buckingham Palace in a Rolls-Royce Phantom VI for Westminster Abbey. They will pass the Horse Guards Parade, the Cenotaph war memorial, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben.

The wedding: 6 a.m. ET / 3 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. London

6 a.m. ET: Kate Middleton arrives at Westminster Abbey. The hour-long wedding service will be attended by about 2,000 guests.

Wedding procession: 7 a.m. ET / 4 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. London

7:15 a.m. ET: The newly married couple leave Westminster Abbey and travel the same route in reverse to Buckingham Palace, this time by horse-drawn carriage.

The newlyweds ride in a 1902 State Landau, specifically built for King Edward VII in 1902. If it rains, they will make the journey in the Glass Coach.

The second and third carriages will carry Prince Harry, Maid of Honor Pippa Middleton — the bride’s sister — and the bridesmaids.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip will be in the fourth carriage. The fifth will carry Prince Charles and Camilla and the bride’s parents, Michael and Carole Middleton.

7:30 a.m. ET: The procession arrives at Buckingham Palace

7:40 a.m. ET: Queen hosts champagne reception at Buckingham Palace for about 660 guests. Official wedding photographs will be taken.

Presenting the couple: 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. London

8:25 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. ET: The royal newlyweds appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony and are expected to kiss for the cameras. The Queen will also appear at the balcony. William's Royal Air Force colleagues stage a flyover.

10:30 a.m. ET: Wedding reception ends.

2 p.m. ET: Some 300 close friends and relatives return for an exclusive dinner and dance at Buckingham Palace.

• Members

As a French man, I loved watching the whole ceremony. Queen Elizabeth and the Royal family do have a special place for me. Probably because France is not lucky enough to still have its own Royal family (we have one more or less but still :lol: )

Archived